Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ran a few 1/8 miles earlier. Before the last run, I decided to do a quick burnout. The tires started smoking as they should then the engine cut off. When I started it back up, it hovered between 300-500 RPM for about 3 seconds, making sort of a clicking sound, then all returned to normal.

I got home and noticed I had a rough idle. Bouncing between 725-800 RPM. That is unusual. I turned it off and plugged in the predator, then cranked it to run diagnostics. I can't interpret diagnostics very well and there were no trouble codes at that time.

I turned it off and unplugged the predator. I restarted it, and the CEL stayed on. I turned it off and plugged the predator back in. This time, I had the following trouble code:

P0113 Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High Input.

Other than reinstalling my mopar CAI about 200 miles ago, I have added no mods since having the maagnacharger installed. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don;t know - the predator is the only device on which I know how to read the trouble codes.

I did notice a small wire harness that seemed to have come loose from an anchor when I opened the hood; It had a plastic harness anchor that I set back in place.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
You can get error codes from the car too. Have you seen this.
OBD-II Trouble Code: P0113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input
If you have an EVIC it should show a code on start up if not you should be able to get the code like this:

1. Get in the car, close the door.
Perform steps 2-6 fairly quickly (less than 3 sec's total time).
(The key should not return to the OFF position through this next sequence!)

2. Turn key to 'ON' position
3. then back to 'ACC'
4. then to 'ON'
5. then back to 'ACC'
6. then to 'ON'

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have EVIC but used the second method and confirmed the car has 0113 code.

What now?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read the link but I have no scan tools or other diagnostic devices. Could it be related to the loose wire harness that I reconnected? On the passenger side, between the engine and fan, at the end of the harness that runs the lenght of the manifold, is a small wire harness with a connection at the end of two blue wires. Running from the right side of the connection are black wires leading down to the manifold in an area I cannot see. I re-anchored the harness, unplugging and replugging the connectors as well. Do these wires lead to the IAT by any chance?

That section of wire was just laying on the front of the manifold when I raised the hood.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I didn't think you would have that test equipment but thought the explaination it gave of the circuit was good and might help you track down the problem. I don't know what wire under the hood goes were but you should be able to reset the CEL light and if what you did fixed it it shouldn't come back. If the wires you hooked back up fixed the problem the rough idle should go away even if the light is on.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks; I got it. There's an OEM wire to the IAT that was cut and spliced to a supercharger wire. Magnusson says to heat shield it, but the installer used a wire plug/coupler and it was dangling free on the manifold and apparently had overheated. I rerouted the wire and anchored it away from the heat source, used the predator to delete trouble codes, then started it several times. No CEL now and no trouble codes. Idle is not perfect but only moves about 25 RPM, whereas it was moving almost 100 before.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
thanks for the site link there Rick.:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts