Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

Just started modding my 2016 Challenger Hellcat.

I installed a Trinity and a new ECU sourced from HHP. Loaded the stock Trinity Perf 91 Octane tune because I'm waiting on a bunch of more agressive mods (pulley, etc...) before I pay for a custom tune.

I'm was getting reasonably frequent codes so I reverted to the stock tune and unfortunately still getting codes. :) Codes flag at low / idle RPM (like when parking).

P1400 Differential Pressure Feedback EGR Circuit Low Input
P1524 Variable Intake Solenoid Circut
P0071 Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Range/Performance
P0521 Engine Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance

Would love some wisdom from folks who have more experience with the Hellcat Engine.

Thanks!

.a

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
I would contact HHP and ask them what the deal is. You have no problems prior to the PCM install, and reverting back to stock should eliminate any problems. Something must be up with their PCM.

I'm not sure if you can clear diagnostic codes on the stock PCM or not, but have you tried doing that? I know I could datalog and monitor on the stock PCM, just couldn't load a tune. Maybe the problem is gone but the codes are lingering somehow due to waiting for a certain amount of start/stop cycles? I would think the PCM would reset that when installing it but not sure.

I installed my Diablosport PCM and never had any issues with it yet. Sounds like it is related to your specific PCM. Maybe you can copy the tune file to your laptop and email it to them and see if they can see anything wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the ideas... I can clear the codes via my Trinity but they come back after ~50 miles or so. Doesn't seem to affect performance so my guess is that it's the PCM. I will swap back to stock this weekend and see if that clears it up. Open to any other ideas if you folks have any experience to share.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts