Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had issues installing the Mopar Pistol Grip for an automatic? Had no trouble removing the original and followed instructions to install; however, it did not want to slide onto the shaft. Used the rubber mallet as instructed striking pretty hard and would only slide down about a 1/4 inch. Tried using lithium grease with same result. I am worried that striking any harder might do damage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have he sides off but it just will not slide on. What did you use to pry the sleeve?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got it on. It is not seated all the way down but almost and it's not going anywhere. Didn't want to bang any harder with the mallet. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had to really give it a hard whack to get it all the way on. Like you, I thought I was doing something wrong. I used a rubber mallet.
If you use a big enough hammer, you won't have to force it. :bigthumb: That's what I did on mine.
Dallas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts