Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three different dealers I requested quotations from via online called to tell me they cant add Super Track Pak to RT Classic w/ 6spd. One acknowledged that the even located a few (of wrong color etc) with the combination but could not recreate on order bank. They were able to pair STP with a RT Plus. I'm wondering if its an error with the order guide...

Anyone else try to order recently and have same issue?

I hope Chrysler didnt change something...

·
Registered
540 Posts
I might be wrong, but I though STP came on the Classic? That, some side stripes, script, and a 3.92 rear end.

·
Super Moderator
15,388 Posts
I wonder if they're doing something wrong.

Since STP option came along, you can get this on every R/T trim level.

If they're trying to add anti-spin diff + Super Track Pack with the 6-speed, it will error and tell them its not possible.

The 6-speed package already includes the anti-spin diff...adding STP option to a 6-speed adds:
*3 mode ESP (on, partial, full off)
*Goodyear F1 tires
*larger rear sway bar
*firmer rear springs, firmer rear shocks
*HD brake pad material

If one was ordering a R/T classic with auto & STP, then anti-spin must be ordered in addition...

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I tried to order an R/T Classic with STP last month and the dealer said the spec I wanted wasn't available to order in their system. Didn't specify if it was the STP that was at issue. Too bad, I decided on an SRT instead.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I tried to order an R/T Classic with STP last month and the dealer said the spec I wanted wasn't available to order in their system. Didn't specify if it was the STP that was at issue. Too bad, I decided on an SRT instead.
Guess you went with winning instead of winning.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting...

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking the same thing...on public Dodge "build" option faults out if u try to add anti-spin to a 6spd car. But, it will let u add Super Track Pak. Wonder if Dealer/manufacture site has these items crossed or actual change in availability of these options together... Hoping one of the dealers i requested quotes can straighten it out...i definitely want SuperTrack Pak on my '14 6spd Classic...

I wonder if they're doing something wrong.

Since STP option came along, you can get this on every R/T trim level.

If they're trying to add anti-spin diff + Super Track Pack with the 6-speed, it will error and tell them its not possible.

The 6-speed package already includes the anti-spin diff...adding STP option to a 6-speed adds:
*3 mode ESP (on, partial, full off)
*Goodyear F1 tires
*larger rear sway bar
*firmer rear springs, firmer rear shocks
*HD brake pad material

If one was ordering a R/T classic with auto & STP, then anti-spin must be ordered in addition...

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Interesting...
Yeah, at the time I didn't know enough to ask the right questions. I was set on custom ordering an R/T classic with STP and other options. Dealer said he'd call me in a week when it was available to order in their system, but I never heard back from him.

In the mean time, I found an SRT that I really liked and worked through a family connection to dealer trade for it. I pick it up a week from Friday and can hardly wait.

Good luck on your order - hope it works out. :)

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
STP isn't standard on the Classic... it is still an option. I ordered my '13 RTC with the STP option in April.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Last Thursday, I was at Rancho Dodge in San Diego, they had a Jazz Blue RT Classic with STP, but, it had Radar Red seats. I couldn't get the numbers where I wanted so I walked and bought a Billet Silver Blacktop RT the next day at a different dealer.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I ordered a 2014 RT Plus with automatic. I optioned for STP, anti slip and 20 inch chrome wheels. I wanted 3.92 gears . I have been told that I won't be getting 3.92's but will get everything else. If I do get 3.06 gears I will put 3.92's in myself. Car was ordered on 10-9-2013 and I am still waiting.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Flash I like the white stripes I went back and forth and finally decided on the black stripes, because I am gonna paint my rear spoiler satin black. You have a beauty I'm sure you've had a grin on your face since you got here!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Flash I like the white stripes I went back and forth and finally decided on the black stripes, because I am gonna paint my rear spoiler satin black. You have a beauty I'm sure you've had a grin on your face since you got here!
Funny... I initially ordered mine Header Orange with black stripes and the standard rims and I was going to paint the rear spoiler black as well... actually they had a spare one painted satin black sitting there and they where going to swap me.

But... when I saw the Heritage II rims in person I had them change the order (they had to pull some strings because it was already locked out for production) and I felt the white stripes would look much better with those rims.

I'm happy I switched.

Post some pics when yours comes in.

Cheers,
Flash

·
Registered
19 Posts
Funny... I initially ordered mine Header Orange with black stripes and the standard rims and I was going to paint the rear spoiler black as well... actually they had a spare one painted satin black sitting there and they where going to swap me.

But... when I saw the Heritage II rims in person I had them change the order (they had to pull some strings because it was already locked out for production) and I felt the white stripes would look much better with those rims.

I'm happy I switched.

Post some pics when yours comes in.

Cheers,
Flash
I thought those wheels looked a little different.....Great looking car!!....I haven't seen those up close in person,but I thought I'd heard about them .....

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update....was contacted by 2 of the 3 dealers that initially couldnt pair up STP with a 6spd, both are now able to. Niether knows why it wouldnt take initially. Thanks for all you help...ready to order...just gotta work on price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts