Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Still can’t figure out if I want to go with the SXT or R/T for my “fun” car. I’m looking for either an SXT or R/T (not plus), with Blacktop package and auto trans.

Stopped by my local dealership today to try to talk to a salesman and see if I can make up my mind between the SXT and the R/T. Was hoping to test drive them both and of course all they had was a pair of GTs. I declined the test drive, figured it wasn’t an honest comparison being AWD and didn’t want to test drive something I wasn’t going to buy.

Anyways started looking through stock and couldn’t find the car I’m looking for anywhere. No problem, we can build one. Salesman and sales manager both try and configure one for me, can’t do it. They even go as far as letting me sit at the sales managers desk and play on the computer to see if I could figure it out.

I know the blacktop package is order code ADX and there was nothing in there on the order screen.

Is this a case of its too late to order a 2018? I can build what I want on dodges website, so I’m guessing that there’s something we’re overlooking.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here. And any opinion on R/T vs SXT would be appreciated as well.

Thanks
HF

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
I think 2018 banks should be closed now so that might be the issue but for whatever reason, the 2015-up R/T Blacktops are rare. There's a million SXTs but you almost never see an R/T. The ordering for 2019 supposed to open Friday, maybe check back with him then.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Nadaguides shows it available on both, it's $100 more on R/T but includes Sirius XM which is standard on Plus.

·
Registered
463 Posts
If you don't want to order a 2019, the dealer should be able to do a search and find you one at another dealer. You may have to push them a bit, they would rather you buy something they have in stock.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey everyone,

Still can’t figure out if I want to go with the SXT or R/T for my “fun” car. I’m looking for either an SXT or R/T (not plus), with Blacktop package and auto trans.

Stopped by my local dealership today to try to talk to a salesman and see if I can make up my mind between the SXT and the R/T. Was hoping to test drive them both and of course all they had was a pair of GTs. I declined the test drive, figured it wasn’t an honest comparison being AWD and didn’t want to test drive something I wasn’t going to buy.

Anyways started looking through stock and couldn’t find the car I’m looking for anywhere. No problem, we can build one. Salesman and sales manager both try and configure one for me, can’t do it. They even go as far as letting me sit at the sales managers desk and play on the computer to see if I could figure it out.

I know the blacktop package is order code ADX and there was nothing in there on the order screen.

Is this a case of its too late to order a 2018? I can build what I want on dodges website, so I’m guessing that there’s something we’re overlooking.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here. And any opinion on R/T vs SXT would be appreciated as well.

Thanks
HF

Get the super track pack, too. The car handles much better and the paddle shifters are nice to have on the auto.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Get the super track pack, too. The car handles much better and the paddle shifters are nice to have on the auto.
2nd That, just picked up last week R/T Blacktop Pack. Auto and Super Track Pack color Octane Red. Not only does it handle better, the stance of car is lower by about two inches(looks better). :wink3:

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
RS now saying order banks will open June 29.

·
Registered
463 Posts
RS now saying order banks will open June 29.

Thanks for that info Slidd. That is probably why I haven't seen any order guides yet.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Getting a new 19? :D

Yes Slidd, I will have to get something but not sure it will be a Challenger. That is why I am anxious to see the new Order Guides. I get bored with driving the same thing all the time, so if there isn't something new that I want to get, I may have to jump in to something else. Maybe a Durango R/T or a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I haven't driven one those for a long time, so they would be an option if a Challenger doesn't grab my attention. Maybe even a Charger Daytona or a 300S would be an option.

Reactions: Slidd

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I have one

I bought a 2018 R/T Blacktop here in Vegas last week. I did not know that they are rare.

Update: FYI... My daughter works at a dealership and she found it for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also just bought a Blacktop R/T in New York State last week.
I have no idea as to how rare it is, but it was fairly easy for me to find. And I got it for super cheap new!

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
They must have been built all at once. Around my area most of the R/Ts are with the Blacktop package.

Chantal, we have the same car. Except I have a moon roof.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,673 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Hotlog ;)

A Guy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts