Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to adjust the rear camber on my 2012 Challenger SRT-8, but I have run into way too many stories from various local places and dealers...

So, once and for all... can the camber be adjusted on the SRT-8 models or do I need to add an aftermarket camber kit first?

It is so frustrating when you call multiple so called experts and get different answers!

Thanks to anyone who can give me a definitive answer!

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
You'll need to go with aftermarket parts.

The aftermarket eccentric bushings have different positions to install the bushings to achieve the desired camber.

The OEM units don't have such provisions - no adjustments.

Reactions: georgethedog

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll need to go with aftermarket parts.

The aftermarket eccentric bushings have different positions to install the bushings to achieve the desired camber.

The OEM units don't have such provisions - no adjustments.
Thanks a bunch, Hal. I've got a bad back otherwise I would crawl under to view myself... easier to ask... much obliged.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
I want to adjust the rear camber on my 2012 Challenger SRT-8, but I have run into way too many stories from various local places and dealers...

So, once and for all... can the camber be adjusted on the SRT-8 models or do I need to add an aftermarket camber kit first?

It is so frustrating when you call multiple so called experts and get different answers!

Thanks to anyone who can give me a definitive answer!
No adjustments possible, it is a fixed setting from the factory.

I just bought some 1.5 degree bushing to install in my srt 392, they can be adjusted up to plus or minus 1.5 but they have to be pressed in the arm at the desired degree you want, then they become fixed as well.

My Srt has 5/16" of tilt in at the top which is about .89 degrees neg camber, I'm going to cut a 1/2 coil, so that will tilt it in more, so I'm going to press my bushing in at plus 1 degree and see if I can hit the zero camber mark or maybe just have .1 degree of neg camber- get as close as I can with out going into positive camber.

My sxt challenger had 1.75 neg camber, installed the bushing plus 1.5 degrees and only got 1.3 degrees of actual movement, so it's kinda a guessing game to hit the mark with the press in bushings. real easy to do, so if I need to redo, it's no big deal, will just cost me a little more time to press out reclock and press back in.

The press tool kit is less than 40 bucks on ebay.

The bushing cost me about 70 bucks- there is 4 of them.

I think there is some adjustable units I think I saw, they was really costly, those would be nice to be able to dial it in on a nats azz. I cheaped out and went the 70 dollar way instead of several hundreds.

Reactions: georgethedog
1 - 4 of 4 Posts