Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything to grab the trunk lid when open to close it?
Is it really necessary to touch the exterior of the car in order to close the trunk?

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
I always pull mine down using the end of the spoiler. It doesn't leave fingerprints and doesn't scratch it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You can add one of these, or make your own.

GPC TRUNK PULLS[/url]

To answer the question, no, there is nothing stock to grab.
I like this - thanks for posting it. I've been closing it using by grabbing the tail-light but like this cheap solution better. Ordered one up.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
I use the taillight, easy to clean and no scratches.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have an awesome solution. get the 100 year anniversary badge and put it bottom center. Its the perfect spot to grab as you close the trunk, and unlike the grab straps, you don't ahve to move your hand as you close it. I will post tomorrow a picture.

·
Premium Member
7,309 Posts
I always pull mine down using the end of the spoiler. It doesn't leave fingerprints and doesn't scratch it.
Same here. No worries with the black plastic spoiler.

·
Premium Member
7,309 Posts
I like grabbing the edge of the black plastic spoiler to lower it. I don't slam it closed either, but gently press it closed until it latches by pressing in the middle of the spoiler.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,768 Posts
Spoiler end, up and down. A Guy

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I use the small bit of stripe below the spoiler to close the trunk. Doesn’t show finger prints as much.
I remember an episode of Gomer Pyle, USMC, where Sgt Carter, who was very particular about his car, always used a handkerchief to open the door. When the car was totaled (I think a cement truck accidentally filled it with cement. Convertible), Gomer picked up a brand new car from the dealer, and used his shirt cuff to open the door. Why a Gunnery Sergeant would send a Private to pick up his new vehicle remains a mystery to me, but it made a good story. I know we’re talking about trunks, not doors, but I’m thinking Sgt Carter used a handkerchief when closing his trunk, too. My kind of guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts