Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2010 charger rt. Trunk light not working. No power at trunk light. Now remote start from key fob does nothing. No lockin or unlocking or trunk release or remote start. The latch has power and the bulb is good. Anyone seen this problem and resolution??

·
Registered
719 Posts
Mmmmm...sounds like a trip to the dealership perhaps. Have you checked the fob battery?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No.will check however i have two key fob and now none work. Seems more like a short. I wii disconnect battery today and hopefully this will be a reset and go from there.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,411 Posts
Is this only from the fob you are testing? Does the dash button work?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes dash button opens trunk. Yes dash light works. I think a short may have impacted the key fob antenna. I have tested both key fobs they do the same

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,400 Posts
Do the doors lock/unlock or only the trunk is affected?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,539 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Do the power door lock switches lock and unlock the doors? Not the Fob, the switches on the doors. A trunk or door latch could cause these symptoms

A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Greetings. After re connecting battery (left out for a day , hard reset) noticed power lock /unlock work fine. From the key fob and manually (from the drver door). Trunk light still out. Have to check for voltage at connector now after hard reset.
Do you have any next steps ? I should take? I know the door latch has power (need to re check after hard reset)

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,400 Posts
Nope. The doors not unlock or lock.
When mine did that it was a bad body control module or something like that. It was still under warranty at the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts