Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 dodge challenger a plastic bag got stuck in my trunk lock I had to use the emergency release from the inside to open my trunk and now my trunk will no longer open from the outside what do I do?

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
Does the button on the dash open the trunk? Did you clean all the debris out of the lock from the plastic bag?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does the button on the dash open the trunk? Did you clean all the debris out of the lock from the plastic bag?
I can’t see any more debris from the bag and when I click the dash button I hear the electric clicking sound but nothing happens to the trunk

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
you may have to replace the latch assembly - it could be something got bent in the latch.

the switch & latch are one assembly

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Is it possible that once you release that safety latch, it makes the latch stay open, for safety reasons, like so a kid doesn't lock themselves in again? Maybe it needs to be reset by some manual button/lever within the assembly.

Pull down the cover over the latch, pull on the handle again, maybe it's just stuck, and needs a whack on the side.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts
I suspect the emergency release is still in the release position

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
to re-set the latch after using the emergency pull release.

With the trunk lid open, pull the release and release it to see if it retracts back to closed position

1 - 10 of 10 Posts