Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my trunk mat....its very nice quality

problem is i have to fold it under where the speaker is on the drivers side...is that speaker only on the high end stereo or do all challengers have it?

its just odd that the mat doesnt fit like it should....why should i need to cut or fold my mat to fit?

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
The sub is in the Sound Group II option. There are mats made that are cut off there if you have the sub. I haven't really researched it so I don't know if it's genuine Mopar or not, but they do make it. You can find some examples off of eBay.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Uh oh...now I'm worried because I ordered this mat as well. I'll probably be folding it too. I just figured that it came already cut for the Kicker. I am going to see about changing my order. If not I'll try to put it under the sub which would probably suck for accessing the storage area but I won't need to get to that anyway. Maybe I can get it cut and seamed...

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
This is a noted problem from one the car originally came out. If you do a search on here there is a theard about the trunk mat. It does not fit with cars that have the upgraded Sound Group 2 with SUB in Trunk. Reading this post seems they have not changed the design since 09.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Are we talking about the interior appearance group mat or an aftermarket one?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I got a custom aftermarket trunk mat and there was an option with/without the kicker in the trunk. Fits perfect (I've got the speaker in the trunk) - but it wasn't an OEM mat.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Most of the mats for the trunks are precut for trunk sub speaker on Ebay. In fact you have to ask for in not to be cut if you dont have that Getto blaster in your trunk:)

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I ordered my mat from Mopar as well and had the same issue. My solution was to unbolt the sub (10mm bolt at the top), lift the sub slightly to push the mat under and reinstall the bolt. Looks fine.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the one i ordered w/ the problem is the Mopar one...i used my mopar bucks

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks for the info. Ordered my trunk mat with Mopar Bucks as well. Guess I'll be removing the bolt too.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I ordered my mat from Mopar as well and had the same issue. My solution was to unbolt the sub (10mm bolt at the top), lift the sub slightly to push the mat under and reinstall the bolt. Looks fine.
Any issues getting to your spare?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
The "CHALLENGER" accessory mat is cut for a trunk floor that does not have the woofer present. If you want to be able to access the lower compartment easily you will need to cut the left-hand ear off of the mat. I used a sheetrock knife on mine and I cut it a bit fat so that I could tuck the cut edge under the subwoffer. If you choose to have the entire ear under the sub it's a huge pain in the ass to get to the lower compartment.

·
Registered
490 Posts
What spare? You mean the air compressor?
No spare! Next thing you'll tell me there's no basement at the Alamo..lol
I just figured it was under the storage box. :scratchhead:
I better rtfm!

·
Registered
653 Posts
No spare! Next thing you'll tell me there's no basement at the Alamo..lol
I just figured it was under the storage box. :scratchhead:
I better rtfm!
Lol yep there's no spare, just run flats and the compressor to get you back to town, the storage box IS a good place to keep your stash though LOL

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Thanks for the info. Just did mine....removed the 10mm bolt. Piece of cake....looks great.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I took the mat out of my R/T when I traded it in. Had to fold it under to fit, but it's looking fine after a few weeks. I suppose it will wear in, but if not I'll cut it off and have a new seam put in.
Same here. Flattening out every day. Don't really want to cut it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Lol yep there's no spare, just run flats and the compressor to get you back to town, the storage box IS a good place to keep your stash though LOL
What run flats? I'm pretty sure the F1s are not run flats. Are the non-F1s run flats? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
The F1 tires are NOT run-flat or EMT (Extended Mobility Tire). AFIK no Challenger is factory-fitted with run flat tires. It is possible to obtain Goodyear RSA's in run flat for about four hundred bucks a copy.

You get a pump and a can of tire slime (like what you use on your bike tires to seal Goathead punctures) and that's it.

I have two complete sets of tires and I carry one of my rotated-out tires on road trips. There is no way that you will get an F1 on a 20 inch wheel in the well unless you cut the floor apart and custom fabricate a new well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts