Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I opened my trunk from the outside and then realized I did not have a key with me...

I'm not sure I said it correctly ..
What I am saying is that anybody can walk up to my car and open my trunk...

That can't be right...?
Is that a setting?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I believe that you need to have the key fob in your pocket or within a certain distance in order to be able to open the trunk and also the doors.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I know there's a setting for passive entry you can turn off but not sure if that also turn's off the trunk.

Where was the key at when you opened it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I haven't tested this, but I wonder if the external trunk-open button works when the doors are unlocked - even if the keyfob isn't nearby. If you think about it, if the doors are unlocked, someone can just open the door and press the interior trunk-open button anyway. I'm guessing that it won't work if the doors are locked... Just a guess though, I haven't tested it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I haven't tested this, but I wonder if the external trunk-open button works when the doors are unlocked - even if the keyfob isn't nearby. If you think about it, if the doors are unlocked, someone can just open the door and press the interior trunk-open button anyway. I'm guessing that it won't work if the doors are locked... Just a guess though, I haven't tested it.
Winner winner chicken dinner the trunk opens when the car is unlocked.

OP was the car unlocked?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts