Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only problem I've got so far is I have the trunk isssue where it can be opened from the outside button without the key fob being around.
Does anyone know exactly what they do to correct this?
Thanks.....

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I have it to. I get the lock bounce A LOT. I worked in the mall for a while and came out to find a notice on the car that the trunk was open and then numerous other times. How do I fix it?

·
Registered
609 Posts
This is worthy of a bump and a SERIOUS security problem. Today I drove the 2012 Challenger, bought something, and put it in the trunk, and returned home, locked the car, and emptied my pocket of the key and put the key in the normal place inside the house. A couple hours later I remembered the item in my trunk and walked outside and popped the trunk open and retrieved the item. Then I remembered the key was inside the house, probably 30 feet away.

This is a serious security issue and there must be a way to deactivate this feature. I certainly do not want the general public to be able to open my trunk whenever my key is within 30 feet of the car!!!

Is there a TSB or a fix?

Okay, I think I have "solved" this design problem. I was in the habit of exiting the car and just manually pushing down on the lock, rather than using the fob or external button. This method apparently leaves the trunk and car unsecure for reasons I cannot comprehend. But if you use the electronic fob to lock it, it then apparently arms the entire car including trunk.

So, it is now secure.

·
Registered
689 Posts
If you manually lock the doors, it does not activate the alarm system. I use this trick so my battery does not die in the winter when I let it sit for weeks without starting it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts