Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,644 Posts
Sure two of them wouldn't go in the trunk?

A Guy

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
That's why one the reasons I put a full size spare in there with a lot of room left over.
I would recommend securing it down or to a side just in case you get into an accident and then it becomes a projectile inside the car...

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I would recommend securing it down or to a side just in case you get into an accident and then it becomes a projectile inside the car...
It's not a projectile, it's just startled and wants to come up to the front to see what's going on.

·
Registered
"ARTIE" is a Black 2016 R/T+ with Super Track Pack, 6 speed, Ruby Red Interior
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do a double check on that personally. Thanks

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,028 Posts
Come on guys you just have to be a bit more creative you can most certainly get two tires in the trunk, I can get two 275/50/17 drag radials, a floor jack, tools and a small cooler in my trunk when I go to the track. Take the trunk floor panel out (comes out easy) and the spare or tire inflation kit, then lay one tire down and slide it toward the back seat and stand the other up in front of it (closer to the back bumper) in the spare tire well. That system works great for me and you don't even have to put the back seat down. I then put the floor jack along one side, a box of tools and a small air compressor and cooler along the other.

Reactions: Mikamaro

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,057 Posts
What idiots! Do the rear seats not fold down anymore? I mean come on..... I was able to get 4 tires back there with the seats down just several months back. Two 315/20s and two 245/20s, so I don't get it. Clearly that guy is a moron. Making it seem as if there is no room, when in fact he probably doesn't know his own vehicle enough to fold down the seats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,670 Posts
It was the tire guy running the show. Me being so particular I would load the car myself if no other option OR, I go back with my pickup truck and put the tires in the bed.

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,057 Posts
It was the tire guy running the show. Me being so particular I would load the car myself if no other option OR, I go back with my pickup truck and put the tires in the bed.

It was the tire guy, but why? I would put the tires in myself and take them out myself. Heck... I did. However, this guy seemed so nonchalant about it. Almost like he wanted to show that the trunk space was too little. Oh well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,028 Posts
Lot's of room in the trunk as can be seen in these two pictures taken at the track, there's no problem getting two tires and a bunch of other gear in there.

P4301350.jpgP4301351.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Mikamaro

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,028 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, those are 17" Race Star wheels with 275/50/17 M&H drag radials.
In the vertical picture of the tire is it deflated to fit like that?

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,028 Posts
In the vertical picture of the tire is it deflated to fit like that?
Nope it has as much air as I generally run at the track. That said I only run about 20lbs of air in my drag radials, but they don't have any problem fitting and the vertical tire doesn't appear to rub or touch the trunk lid. By the way the height of the drag radial I run as inflated in the picture is about 28" which is pretty much stock height for the SRT tires.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nope it has as much air as I generally run at the track. That said I only run about 20lbs of air in my drag radials, but they don't have any problem fitting and the vertical tire doesn't appear to rub or touch the trunk lid. By the way the height of the drag radial I run as inflated in the picture is about 28" which is pretty much stock height for the SRT tires.
Interesting, so you didn't removed the floor cover & spare tire or subwoofer kit?

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,028 Posts
Interesting, so you didn't removed the floor cover & spare tire or subwoofer kit?
Yes the spare tire/inflation kit and floor cover have been removed, as I mentioned previously you must remove those two items but that a relatively simple task. I don't have a subwoofer kit so I'm not sure what all is required to take it out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes the spare tire/inflation kit and floor cover have been removed, as I mentioned previously you must remove those two items but that a relatively simple task. I don't have a subwoofer kit so I'm not sure what all is required to take it out.
So after your comment, I've decided to do it again... check out part 2 :wink3:
https://youtu.be/m2A6OsqQ8II

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,028 Posts
So after your comment, I've decided to do it again... check out part 2 :wink3:
https://youtu.be/m2A6OsqQ8II
Nice, now you got it and you still have room for tools, equip etc., I usually lay a small piece of plywood over the battery side and then set a race jack, box full of misc. tools and other items I think I might need along the sides. I even sometimes use the space down in the rim that is laying down. Nice job on the new video. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts