Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered a new carbon fiber trunk and had a few questions about it. I have a carbon fiber hood but never opted in for the hood pins so i know you can drill through carbon fiber but was wondering if it was easy or not because i will need to drill in to place the current spoiler on it. my second question is that i have a 2012 r/t and was wondering if the location of the drill holes would be the same as a 2020 redeye as that will be my next car in a few years and did not want to have a whole mess of drill holes in the trunk from multiple spoilers. if anyone has any information on this that would be great!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,571 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Ned. Hopefully someone who has drilled CF will reply. Most cover the area with several layers of tape, and then use a new, sharp bit. It can still chip a bit, but will be under the spoiler so wouldn't show.

https://www.elevatedmaterials.com/drilling-carbon-fiber/

These guys did OK, new sharp bit will be key

The -2014 and 2015+ spoilers have different mounting methods. The outer holes are fairly close, but not exact. The 2015+ has plastic indexing pins, two extra holes that need to be drilled in addition to the hole for the camera plug. Will those holes be the same as a 2020 Redeye that isn't even announced? Hard to say...

A Guy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts