Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an existing discussion on the steps to remove the trim in the trunk area, specifically from beneath the speakers in the rear parcel shelf.

I'm sure I can figure it out but if it's already been shared, it would be worth reading first. Yes, I've searched, seems to be referenced a lot when discussing subwoofer installation, but I can't find a discussion that walks you thru what needs to be done.

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
382 Posts
If they did not change the way it is mounted during the 2015 refresh, it is just a few of those plastic push pins. Pick up one of these...

... and life is good. I have seen them in Autozone.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have a set of trim removal tools.

I just need to know the best order of disassembly.
I took mine out once. I removed the floor piece first and then the side trim pieces. If you're removing them completely out of the trunk, don't forget the four Christmas tree retainers that are behind the rear seat backs. There's one near the top and one at the bottom of those trim pieces on each side.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took mine out once. I removed the floor piece first and then the side trim pieces. If you're removing them completely out of the trunk, don't forget the four Christmas tree retainers that are behind the rear seat backs. There's one near the top and one at the bottom of those trim pieces on each side.
Thx. That's useful.

Are you saying it's necessary to remove the side panels to get at the trim below the speakers in the parcel shelf?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Thx. That's useful.

Are you saying it's necessary to remove the side panels to get at the trim below the speakers in the parcel shelf?
You're welcome. I'm not 100% sure. It might make it easier if the top edges are in the way. I know there are many shortcuts sometimes, but I've found, that although it might take a few more minutes, it saves your hands, fingers, knuckles, and head from injury and your patience from going ballistic. Those things are bulky and not very flexible, thus it might be a good idea to just get them out of the way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thx again.

I've got plenty of time, just want to do it right. I've got it here while my daughter is in CO for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
797 Posts
It's nothing hard to do, just take your time. The retainers on the sides are recessed a bit, so these are the ones to be careful about removing so you don't damage the trim. Those retainers can be a little tough to get out. BTW, you'll need to get new retainers. It chews up the stem when you pull them out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Automotive design Motor vehicle Font For the benefit of others looking for the same info - as stated, not hard to do. 4 Fasteners in spots indicated, panel slides out exposing rear speaker wiring. Resign yourself to climbing into the trunk and laying on your back to do this work!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts