Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Challenger R/T Classic
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first video where I summarize what I’ve done, and also try to decide whether I should keep modifying my Challenger.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm gonna subscribe my man. Nice job. Love the name of the channel and your opening music!!

Crossroads , I see them and feel it. Modifing the drive train is a excellent move as beefier stronger , better shifting more gears and a better rear end is all moves in the right direction. It's never cheap to modify your car.

So You can keep going down this path with this car if you love the car and feel it's worth it. You already have a nice amount of money invested in it and it's a beautiful car. There are plenty of things to do to the car still and I don't think you are at the end.

The other option here is to sell it and start with a newer model , maybe one with the newer transmission and rear from the factory so you don't have to spend that money on those mods. The newer ones have adjustable launch control and Line locks etc and there could be benefits going that route. But don't kid yourself, mod's are like a drug and they can keep you up at night , they can have you spending countless hours researching what to do next etc. So if you decide to move to a newer model, it's gonna be the same of the same you will just find different things to do.

So let's see, I think keeping the car and hand selecting the next mod's is in your future.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well said! You make some very good points. I have a lot to think about... And thanks for subscribing!

Reactions: Mantis1

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,498 Posts
If it does not have a Supercharger and Electric exhaust cutouts, it neither fast enough nor loud enough to be Faster or Louder. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it does not have a Supercharger and Electric exhaust cutouts, it neither fast enough nor loud enough to be Faster or Louder. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
There will always be someone faster and louder. To be faster n’ louder is the quest and what makes hotrodding fun and interesting. 😉

Reactions: Mantis1

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,170 Posts
You've just started modding your ride. The best way to go about it is to define your goal, then make a list of how to best get there. As an example, my goal is 800 rwhp together with the proper mods to ensure I don't break anything in the process and make the wheels stick when I launch...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You've just started modding your ride. The best way to go about it is to define your goal, then make a list of how to best get there.
Yea, I'd say I'm pretty close to accomplishing what my original plan was. Though, my plan was never set in stone, either. I knew I wanted to do some cosmetic mods, and do a cam and headers, but even that changed as time passed. I ended up doing a higher stall converter, an aftermarket shifter, long tube headers instead of shorties, a Texas Speed cam instead of the 392 cam, etc. I think if I do any other modifications, I'd like to not break into the engine for a while. Maybe gearing, a 6.4 intake and a new tune.

Reactions: Gila Hemi

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,170 Posts
Yea, I'd say I'm pretty close to accomplishing what my original plan was. Though, my plan was never set in stone, either. I knew I wanted to do some cosmetic mods, and do a cam and headers, but even that changed as time passed. I ended up doing a higher stall converter, an aftermarket shifter, long tube headers instead of shorties, a Texas Speed cam instead of the 392 cam, etc. I think if I do any other modifications, I'd like to not break into the engine for a while. Maybe gearing, a 6.4 intake and a new tune.
Have you switched to a one piece drive shaft? That is the first thing that is going to break...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you switched to a one piece drive shaft? That is the first thing that is going to break...
No, not yet, but if I do a 3.73 or 3.91 gear that will probably happen at the same time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts