Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started another thread several days ago looking for input as to what upgrades I should do next on my 2013 SRT8. Since then I have decided to focus more on the suspension and handling. I already have it lowered with Mopar Stage 1 Springs and have Razors Edge front and rear braces. I am currently stationed in Germany again... and the car handles well when cornering on the twisty roads over here, but I would like to reduce body roll a bit more and add a little more stiffness. I have roughly $1200 plus or minus to play with.

I am looking at Petty’s front and rear sway bars, Pettys’ bolt in sub-frame connector, and Speedlogix front and rear sway bar end links along with the rear tension arms from them.

The issue I am having now is do I go with the adjustable end links or solid ones? I have been researching to figure out how to properly adjust them and set things up. However, I haven’t found any good info and what I have read is a bit confusing. I am looking for a great road/daily driving setup that involves “spirited” driving. Eventually I would like to try Road course racing or Auto X, but that will be years down the road. So I would like to spend the money once and get what will work for either street or track. I just don’t know the first thing about how to go about adjusting these parts to the right settings. I do turn my own wrench and will be doing the install myself. So if anyone can fill me in or point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks...

Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hey Tim,

Sway bars are definitely the way to go, along with adjustable end links. I just installed new sway bars and adjustable end links on my '09 SRT8 and it's a very noticeable improvement. I also increased the spring rate on my front coil overs which also made a big difference. Even though I already purchased Razor's Edge adjustable end links last year, I went with BMR end links. Starting out, I would go with a neutral set-up, no preload. I first set the total length to match the OEM end links. Went for a couple mile drive and put the car on a drive-on lift. Then adjusted the end links to where they was a little play, they tightened them up a hair.

Where in Germany are you? I'm in the K-Town area and can make you a really good deal on the Razor's Edge end links. They are brand new, never installed.

Joe

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe,

Thanks for the info. I remember seeing you ask about sway bars a little while back, along with other posts. I’m down in Stuttgart. I was actually gonna hit you up sometime, because I remember you posting just before you PCSd or after you did to K-town. I would be extremely interested in those links. Do you have them for front and rear? Why did you end up not using them and going with the other brand?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Joe,

Thanks for the info. I remember seeing you ask about sway bars a little while back, along with other posts. I’m down in Stuttgart. I was actually gonna hit you up sometime, because I remember you posting just before you PCSd or after you did to K-town. I would be extremely interested in those links. Do you have them for front and rear? Why did you end up not using them and going with the other brand?
Yes, I have both front and rear. My brothers have Camaros and Mustangs and they've sworn by BMR over the years, so when I saw they now make components for the Challenger I thought I would give them a try as they looked a little beefier then Razor's Edge. I believe SpeedLogix bought out Razor's Edge or is the exclusive distributor, so Speedlogix and Razor's Edge are one of the same.

If you're interested, I can send them to you via MPS and if you don't like them just MPS them back, but if they're keepers, just send me a PayPal payment. I can let them go for $100, which I think I paid $375 last year.

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joe,

Sounds great. I would be more than willing to meet up with you and give you cash. We’ve been meaning to swing by Rammstein since we’ve been back this time. My son and daughter both Ned a new bike and the selection isn’t that great at our PX. I could swing by next weekend or the following week anytime, as I will have that week off. Do you have a photos of the links? Just let me know when would work for you. I’ll send you a PM with my cell number if meeting you up there is good. Thanks.

Tim

·
Registered
528 Posts
Tim,

I'm currently in Spain, but can take some pics when I return on Thursday. I work on Ramstein, so just let me know when you come up, I can break away from work to meet you at the KMCC or somewhere else. I'll reply to your PM with my number, too.

Joe

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,455 Posts
Hey man, I just put Whiteline sway bars and cradle bushings on my R/T Shaker, and the difference in handling is day and night. I already had the Razors Edge braces, the same as you. In tight corners it now stays flat, and I've driven on those roads over there, so I know you'll be happy if you get some quality sways bars. BTW, I changed the cradle bushings to get rid of the wheel hop my supercharger caused, and it did the trick.

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey man, I just put Whiteline sway bars and cradle bushings on my R/T Shaker, and the difference in handling is day and night. I already had the Razors Edge braces, the same as you. In tight corners it now stays flat, and I've driven on those roads over there, so I know you'll be happy if you get some quality sways bars. BTW, I changed the cradle bushings to get rid of the wheel hop my supercharger caused, and it did the trick.

Gila,

Thanks. I just got the front and rear Endlinks from Phinatic yesterday. I contacted Petty’s Garage so I could get their front and rear sway bar set. Their sight doesn’t allow shipping over here, so I spoke to them directly. However, the last I heard from the was last week Wednesday or Thursday, and I was told they were trying to get the best shipping price for me. I’m hoping to get these shipped this week. If need be I’ll go a different route and probably just get the Whiteline bars. Most of what I’ve read seems to imply that people love both of these bars. I am also waiting on the rear tension arms from Speedlogix, which are back ordered.

How was the cradle bushing install? I was debating doing that since I have to mess with the cradle anyhow to install the rear sway bar. This is something that I will be doing on my back in my little German garage. Thanks.

Take care,
Tim

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,455 Posts
Gila,

Thanks. I just got the front and rear Endlinks from Phinatic yesterday. I contacted Petty’s Garage so I could get their front and rear sway bar set. Their sight doesn’t allow shipping over here, so I spoke to them directly. However, the last I heard from the was last week Wednesday or Thursday, and I was told they were trying to get the best shipping price for me. I’m hoping to get these shipped this week. If need be I’ll go a different route and probably just get the Whiteline bars. Most of what I’ve read seems to imply that people love both of these bars. I am also waiting on the rear tension arms from Speedlogix, which are back ordered.

How was the cradle bushing install? I was debating doing that since I have to mess with the cradle anyhow to install the rear sway bar. This is something that I will be doing on my back in my little German garage. Thanks.

Take care,
Tim

I had a speed shop do the installations, because a lift is needed to do it, and I was there for all of the work. To do the cradle bushings, the rear axle must be dropped, and the drive shaft taken loose from the differential among other things. Air tools work the best tools for doing any of these jobs, and it is very hard work removing the original equipment. BTW, when installing new cradle bushings don't skimp on the grease.

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update:

I got the front Petty’s Garage sway bar installed along with the new SX/Razor’s Edge end link. Went with the middle setting for now as per Wasp392’s suggestion. I also installed the Petty’s Garage sub-frame connectors. Only took it around the block yesterday after I finished. Feels great, but I’ll really find out today after I give her a bath and then hit the road. I also put my summer tires/wheels back on. This is going to be fun.

I’ll do the rear bar and end links when my Speedlogix rear tension arms come in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts