Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I want to start of by saying I am new to the whole car and audio type scene so i know very basic info. I have about enough knowledge to be able to put in a subwoofer.
But my question goes as followed, How would I be able to have my left speakers play sounds coming from the left, but not have the right speakers play the same audio. And then have the right speakers play sounds from the right. I want to be able to hear the music pan across the car, and from right to left. If i didnt explain this very well, the best way is to see for yourself. If you grab a good quality set of stereo headphones and listen to songs like, Xanny by Billie Eillish or I.Crawl by Childish Gambino.
For reference, I have the alpine 10 speaker system form the 2020 Challengers

·
Registered
333 Posts
Basic answer is it's not up to you.
If you had a pure stereo system, it would still be up to the record producer.
I imagine the 10 speaker system has some processing, so a mixed center, maybe some cross feeding for certain positions.
Is there a stereo switch, like a home multichannel 'stereo'?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basic answer is it's not up to you.
If you had a pure stereo system, it would still be up to the record producer.
I imagine the 10 speaker system has some processing, so a mixed center, maybe some cross feeding for certain positions.
Is there a stereo switch, like a home multichannel 'stereo'
I don’t believe there is. But I’m not completely sure.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
Just generally left channel information should already play on the left, and visa versa? You can always test by changing the balance all the way to the left, and confirm you don't hear the right channel only sounds, and again, visa versa. Settings> Audio> Balance/fade

Also, if you have the Surround Sound setting available, turn it off to test (again). It may be grayed out depending on source
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document

Font Material property Screenshot Software Technology

Find a song that has strong left right channel effects

Or you can download the audio from this Youtube with a Youtube to MP3 site

A Guy

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's gonna be next to impossible to recreate the headphone listening experience in an automobile. With headphones you have the left signal playing in the left ear only and so on. Your right ear doesn't really hear the left signal at all. In a car, both ears are hearing both signals. Same in a home or studio environment. This is why it's best to listen to material with strong panning effects using headphones. There's an entire audiophile headphone and DAC industry because of this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's gonna be next to impossible to recreate the headphone listening experience in an automobile. With headphones you have the left signal playing in the left ear only and so on. Your right ear doesn't really hear the left signal at all. In a car, both ears are hearing both signals. Same in a home or studio environment. This is why it's best to listen to material with strong panning effects using headphones. There's an entire audiophile headphone and DAC industry because of this.
I know its going to be impossible to have the same results as a set of stereo headphones. I was just looking at creating a way to simulate it in a way. Before the challenger i drove an '03 Silverado, and it didnt play each side perfectly like headphones, but it was able to have one side sound louder and the pan the volume to the other side. I am just trying to figure out a way to simulate this in the Challenger. Thank you for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts