Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a strange problem with my A8 transmission. Occasionally the tranny won't downshift after slowing down. Only letting off the gas pedal and hitting the gas can get it to do so. After experiencing it at the autocross a few times and having to paddle shift, did I take it in for service. They did an update to the PCM and TCM and the car shifts noticeably better now. The Mopar fart or whatever they call it has lessened, and the shifts are much firmer. I like it as the car seemed to lose power a little during shifts before. I guess the computer detunes the engine a little during shifts to soften them some, probably so it's less destructive on the power train. Haven't had the shift problem since this update too.

So if you have a Challenger eligible for the update, I highly recommend it! Attached is the receipt for the work, and the TSB.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've had a strange problem with my A8 transmission. Occasionally the tranny won't downshift after slowing down. Only letting off the gas pedal and hitting the gas can get it to do so. After experiencing it at the autocross a few times and having to paddle shift, did I take it in for service. They did an update to the PCM and TCM and the car shifts noticeably better now. The Mopar fart or whatever they call it has lessened, and the shifts are much firmer. I like it as the car seemed to lose power a little during shifts before. I guess the computer detunes the engine a little during shifts to soften them some, probably so it's less destructive on the power train. Haven't had the shift problem since this update too.

So if you have a Challenger eligible for the update, I highly recommend it! Attached is the receipt for the work, and the TSB.
I had this done on my 17 challenger scat. It was mainly for deceleration where it would let you get almost to a stop, then downshift hard into first almost pushing you forward if you werent on the brakes hard enough. It made it somewhat better. But the car (even in normal mode), is still very raw when downshifting while coming to a stop. Its out for both the charger and challenger. The one Im talking about is a BCM flash. The trans is very good at WOT shifting, but very tough on daily driving if you like to use sport mode.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts