Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well installed new Factory Repo 10.5 with 25 o/s wheels on the Hellcat. 315/35/20 Nittos. No rubbing issues. Used new OEM pressure sensors. Well, car won't recognize them. Screen shows red arrows at the rear wheels, but shows front pressures. I drove the car a few times over 30 miles. What do I do next?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Whatever you do, DON'T go to discount tire to fix it. I paid them $76 two months ago to fix my tpms sensor that the car wouldn't recognize from my Hellcat replicas from OE Wheels. Discount Tire has worked on the same wheel tpms sensor on 3 different occasions since then and the car still has not recognized them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,331 Posts
Well installed new Factory Repo 10.5 with 25 o/s wheels on the Hellcat. 315/35/20 Nittos. No rubbing issues. Used new OEM Pressure sensors. Well car won't recognize them. Screen shows red arrows at the rear wheels, but shows front pressures. I drove the car a few times over 30 miles. What do I do next?
This is a really sucky thing to mention to you, but I would rotate the front and rear wheels. Drive it for a while, and see if the rears are reading and not the fronts. That would tell you that you have 2 dead pressure sensors. 30 miles is plenty of time for the car to recognize the new sensors, so this is my only suggestion.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I've seen some mention of dropping the pressure in the tires to below 20 psi to jump start their whining, too. Then refill. Obviously, don't drive on them underinflated like that.

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I found out you can have them tested on the car. Don't you know my genuine OEM sensors are both bad. 1 no signal and the other only 5lbs. I'd feel better about it if they were Chinese junk. I guess I'll get two more, pop the wheels open and change them. Thanks everyone. I'll let you know tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
3 green 30lbs and 1 red 30lbs

Hey Guys,
I have a 2015 SXT-Plus. Question is on the DID it shows a picture of a Challenger with the tire pressures for each tire.
Driver 30lbs in green. Passenger 30lbs in Red
Rear 30lbs in green. Rear 30lbs in green.
Can anyone enlighten me? Does this mean my TPMS in the pass front BAD?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,824 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Brazzen. I'd try running the pressure on that tire to 36-40 PSI and drive with it like that 20 miles or so, see if it resets. You can then lower it back down. A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,331 Posts
Hey Guys,
I have a 2015 SXT-Plus. Question is on the DID it shows a picture of a Challenger with the tire pressures for each tire.
Driver 30lbs in green. Passenger 30lbs in Red
Rear 30lbs in green. Rear 30lbs in green.
Can anyone enlighten me? Does this mean my TPMS in the pass front BAD?
That's certainly strange. I never got warning until I hit 27 PSI, which is 5 pounds below where they would like it to be. In your case, all tires are 2 pounds under.

Did this change after driving the car for a while? In answer to your question, the TPMS seems to be working on all wheels. It would read zero, if it wasn't working on the passenger's side front.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Something interfered with my TPMS signal for an instant (cell phone, wifi, dash cam, could be many things) and then the rear tires which I purposely set to 30 PSI were showing red and "Inflate to 32 PSI". I did so and the system reset the error. I then lowered the rear tires to 30 PSI and it has been fine for days. No tire ever hit the 27 PSI low pressure trigger at any time.

Also I did not even have to drive it to reset the TPMS readings, just turning on the ignition did it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,824 Posts
How adventurous are you? Swap two wheels for each other. See if the error follow the wheel. A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
This was a 63 degrees day in Buffalo,NY.. So after driving around about 30 minutes of driving the tire went from 27's to 30's.. Not sure if the link will work? Kinda new at this.lol..But here is a photo of the dash.......

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9j9pjh9sterg38k/2017-11-28 21.37.48.jpg?dl=0
It is telling you what to do to clear the error. "Inflate to 32 PSI". Get a gauge (everyone should have one), inflate to over 32 PSI, drive an the error will clear. End of problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally got a chance to take Challenger out for a spin today. As far as the TSMP I added some nitergen to the tire in question. And the tire pressure light
went out.as for the passenger side tire is back to green..Thanks for all the suggestions....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts