Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...First of all...I'm not sure about these TTDyno numbers. I had my car on a Dynojet Dyno in 95F heat a couple weeks ago and it made 330hp/375ftlb.

My bigger concern right now is this dang Knock Retard. I've been monitoring KR on my Aeroforce Gauges and there's just more of it than I'm comfortable with.

I think this is all false knock. I've seen it through three different tanks of gas and it doesn't show up consistently EXCEPT when MDS is on. When MDS is on KR is almost constant. Does this mean that perhaps this is a vibration issue since the exhaust does vibrate slightly when MDS is on?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Not the KNK isn't important, but I think sometimes we get too carried away chasing it. If I see that correct, it is 2.1?? I have had stknk as high as 5 when MDS kicks in our out, depending on how hard the motor is lugging or not, 2-3 under WOT runs and so on. I have a custom tune and send many logs to my tuner who happens to work for diablo and he alwasy tells me it is completly normal and don't sweat it, just run it. Not saying you shouldn't care, but I keep seeing folks throwing tons of fuel at knock or talking the timing their custom tune added right back away.

Wish I could be more help, but if I am right and it is 2.1, I wouldn't do a thing.

5,134 Posts
I had my car on a Dynojet Dyno in 95F heat a couple weeks ago and it made 330hp/375ftlb.
Dynojets are known to be a bit .. optimistic. But it seems you did your tt dyno run in 2nd gear? If you do it in 4th (just like a dyno) your results will be much more accurate. But you will be moving fast at 6000 rpm. Even 3rd gear would be better.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dynojets are known to be a bit .. optimistic. But it seems you did your tt dyno run in 2nd gear? If you do it in 4th (just like a dyno) your results will be much more accurate. But you will be moving fast at 6000 rpm. Even 3rd gear would be better.
I have no idea where I am going to be able to wind my car out in 4th....How fast are you guys going at 6000rpm in 4th?

5,134 Posts
136 MPH @ 5900. It takes less time with a blower :) I'm over 100 mph for 9 seconds including braking.

I have a nice, safe stretch of flat highway to do this. But like I said, try 3rd -- but know your numbers will be lower. The point of TT Dyno is not necessarily accurate dyno numbers -- but repeatable numbers that you can compare when modding.

·
Registered
251 Posts
So is this TTdyno something you buy? just download it? easy to use?

Thanks guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts