Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the street 1-7/8 headers with the 3" mufflers??? I'm thinking of getting these as they only do Mopar and supposed to be one of the best...
Just wanted some info on sound, drone and extra hp.
Thanks,
Gaston

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Well, you have had this question up there for 3 days, with no answer so.

I do not have the TTI on my R/T, in fact, I will never mess with the exhaust on my driver again.

But, if their Challenger stuff is anything like the system I have on my 68 Barracuda, it is going to be great. Of all the stuff I have ever bought for a car (there has been a lot, as I have owned over 50) the TTI exhaust on my Barracuda is probably the nicest.

The header flanges are so thick, they can not warp, the bends are all smooth, the welding is beautiful, the fit is great, etc. etc. Of course, it is not cheap stuff, so it should be nice.

Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks HemiEd! i really appreciate you taking the time to answer. Might I ask why you said you'll never mess with the exhaust? I'm just looking for a good set up and from everything I have read, it seems like the way to go. Expensive, and that's why I posted the question. I was told to go with kooks Headers and Corsa cat back exhaust etc etc, but these guys at TTI only do MOPAR!
Thanks again!

·
Banned
262 Posts
Keep in mind you will have to pass emissions test at one point.With long tube headers you will get cel codes.You will also need mid pipes with cats,not sure if TTI come with them.

Most around here run kooks or americian racing headers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts