Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been to a drag strip since I was really young and went to see my uncle who used to build and run a Pro Street. I don't live too far from Tulsa and was curious as to if anybody could go to Tulsa Raceway Park and run their ride down the quarter mile. I have no clue what all is involved. I would just like to be able to make a few passes without having to worry about flashing red and blue lights in my rear view, and endangering the public. I have noticed they have Test and Tune days scheduled. Are those they days I could go run? Are their any other tracks anybody would suggest? I live in about 70 miles from Tulsa and OKC, so I could go either way. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bryan

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
I haven't been to a drag strip since I was really young and went to see my uncle who used to build and run a Pro Street. I don't live too far from Tulsa and was curious as to if anybody could go to Tulsa Raceway Park and run their ride down the quarter mile. I have no clue what all is involved. I would just like to be able to make a few passes without having to worry about flashing red and blue lights in my rear view, and endangering the public. I have noticed they have Test and Tune days scheduled. Are those they days I could go run? Are their any other tracks anybody would suggest? I live in about 70 miles from Tulsa and OKC, so I could go either way. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bryan
Test and Tunes are the perfect times to go. Not sure about your local tracks but the 392 loves to drag race.
Air down your rears to 24 to 26 Lbs and your fronts up to 40 and have fun.
Traction control off and ease her out of the hole before you nail it.
Guranteed grin factor.

·
Registered
383 Posts

Thanks in advance,
Bryan
Bryan, I remember going to TRP in my 78 Trans Am. On Friday nights it was "Run what you brought, and hope you brought enough" night. Every make and model imaginable was out there. The down side was the the police were waiting when the track closed. I grew up in OKC and they were so many fast cars!! I know this doesn't help but thanks for the flash back in time.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Gonna be a sunday sunday sunday race day there around the end of march I think. My son and I will be there if the weathers good, Oh yeah I am gonna blow his a$$ away. Try and try to teach em about lifes up and downs. I know he will see this post. Remember son SCHOOL is OPEN

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Im at Tulsa every other weekend. A group of us run bracket series there.
3 dragsters, 1 alterd (got my super comp lisc in) my RT challenger. Then 3 times a year we run Invader, the nitro FC at the nastalga nitro nats.

Tulsa has Midnight Drags thats really popular. Midnight drag raceing. Nice during hot hot summer days then going at night.
They have a bands, beer garden and danceing with the drags. LOL LOL
Many street races are setteled there at midnight. I have seen hundreds come to the midnight drags. Everyone from super comp and outlaw to street cars go and have fun. I see more and more of a younger people going these days. Good for the sport.
Hope to see ya there.
FlatTop

·
Registered
449 Posts
HEY Duke
Don't know which direction from Tulsa Okc you are but there's a pretty nice little track just south of okc off I35 Thunder Valley pull up their web page for spring schedules

·
Registered
276 Posts
Been at both thunder valley and tulsa. My personal favorite was tulsa just because it was prepped better. Thunder valley is my usual place because I live 10 minutes away at OU.

·
Registered
284 Posts

Thanks in advance,
Bryan
Have raced at Tulsa since the late 60's...great track. I take my 392 out to TNT, and to Mopars In The Park ( usually Oct or Nov). You will love it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts