Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

So I just ordered some Kooks LT Headers with a catless mid pipe and a Diablo Tuner with an unlocked PCM. I know you have to tune your car in order to put headers on it. Is this done before the install or after the install? I don’t have any places that dyno tune here so I’m just thinking about getting an email tune from Jay Greene.

·
Registered
583 Posts
You can drive on the canned tune , just stay away from WOT until you get the custom tune from whoever you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
853 Posts
^ x2.
Drive it easy until it gets dialed in after the headers go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hello!

So I just ordered some Kooks LT Headers with a catless mid pipe and a Diablo Tuner with an unlocked PCM. I know you have to tune your car in order to put headers on it. Is this done before the install or after the install? I don’t have any places that dyno tune here so I’m just thinking about getting an email tune from Jay Greene.
Jay is the MAN and will have you running strong. Have him send you the Tune's and load them on your Diablo. When you install the gear....load the Tune and you are ready to go.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Hello!

Going Catless you will through error codes right away. I would suggest getting a tune and have it ready to load as soon as you install the headers. Any of the tuners should have a template ready and will probably only take a couple of revisions to get yours dialed in. If ChallyTatum runs accross this he will probably have some good input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts