Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought my first Challenger RT about 2 weeks ago and I'm learning as much as I can. I have a 2013 Challenger RT with the 6 speed manual. I've read on a few other posts about the 0-60 times in the low 5's. I was out testing mine a few days ago. The road was fairly wet and I had quite a bit of wheel spin, but got 5.9 seconds. Well the other night, being the roads were dry I tried again. According to my 0-60 timer my best runs were 3.98 and 3.75 seconds. I was wondering if it may be tuned?
Thanks for any help guys.
P.S. sorry the flash made a bad reflection on the 3.75 sec pic.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Keep in mind the pre-2015 cars have the sensors for those in-dash timers tied to the output shaft of the transmission which can be prone to error due to wheelspin...which is nearly silent when its very cold like this and tire rubber gets hard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keep in mind the pre-2015 cars have the sensors for those in-dash timers tied to the output shaft of the transmission which can be prone to error due to wheelspin...which is nearly silent when its very cold like this and tire rubber gets hard.
Thanks for the info. Im not sure how much it may have actually spun, but after the initial spin it felt like it was gripping pretty good and only barked the tires when I shifted into second. I'll do some more runs to see if I can tell anything and I'll definitely do some runs when it finally decides to get warm again lol.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
my 5.7 was tuned by diablotoona and i had the typical bolt ons and a 6 speed. i only tried it 3-4 times but i believe my best was 5.13 and i bet i coulda got it a bit better but nothing like the numbers you posted. i dont see my 392 srt putting those numbers up. so i suspect thats a incorrect number from the wheelspin.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Looks like you have some wheelspin, without some heavy mods or forced induction, challenger rt’s float around 4.5-5.3 seconds. I reccomend you get an automotive app (throttle?) that will measure your 0-60 based on gps and gyro in the phone

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Like EricG said, the pre-'15 cars' timers are not accurate. The '15+ models are tied to the front wheels so they're much better. A stock 5.7 is going to run (at best) in the 4.9 to 5.1 sec range for 0-60mph. It will be tough to get into the low 5s with a manual transmission as well. A new 8 speed auto 5.7 will do the quarter in the low 13 sec range and 0-60 consistently in the low 5s and maybe high 4s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts