Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had their car tuned and then the ABS and Traction Control lights were stuck on? Well I just ran into this. Nothing came up on the trinity so I took it to the dealer. They said I have a U104E code " implausible vehicle data configuration".

Causes:

Totally Integrated Power Module ( TIPM) is not configured

ABS module is bad

Okay so that is what the dealer papers say, but I know it could be a wheel speed sensor, a steering angle sensor, a brake light switch, tire pressure sensor ( I know don't make sense), and even low battery voltage. Could also be a small error in the tune.

Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Try this.

Electronic Stability Program (ESP)

If the vehicle is equipped with ESP, once the battery is reconnected, the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) needs to be calibrated. The SAS requires calibration anytime the battery or an ABS (ESP) component has been disconnected for any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:

1) Start the engine.
2) Center the steering wheel.
3) Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left until the internal stop in the steering gear is met, then turn the wheel all the way to the right until the opposite internal stop in the steering gear is met.
4) Center the steering wheel.
5) Stop the engine.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried it but no dice. Thanks for helping out that's one LESS problem it might be... Steering angle sensor calibrated.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
Does the U104E code go away if you reload your stock tune?

Or does your custom tune have traction control disabled?

When I disable traction control with the Trinity, my ABS and Brake Lights come on.

Maybe see if you can go in and turn traction control "ON" in your custom tune if it isn't locked.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when I reloaded the stock tune the lights remained on.

The more I read it seems like the if the battery voltage dips outside of 5-12v your gonna have this pop up and perhaps it won't go away unless Dodge scanstars or w/e its called and resets. The battery got so low we had to put it on charge in the shop. This was before the dyno pulls. It drained because of flashing along with the heat exchanger coolant pump running.

I can't be the 1st one to have this happen during a Dyno. Gonna charge the battery overnight since it's still low.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump for help. I can't be the first person so what's the fix?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had this happen and the dealership replaced the wheel speed sensor and the lights went off. Now after about 2 months they are back on. I have a custom tune and 265 50 20s in the back with stock tires in the front.

I think the larger rear tires are causing the issue, although the dealer didn't say anything about it when they changed the sensor the first time.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jec, do you remember what the code actually was? I kinda feel like they are trying to take me for a ride... The price difference between an abs module and a wheel speed sensor is like $200.

I did take an ohm reading on my back wheel sensors and they where almost identical to. They could both be bad though, those rear wheels were moving near 150mph.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I can maybe find the paperwork when I get home but i dont remember if they even told me. Is there more than 1 wheel speed sensor? If so i hope that for me that the other one went out since i am still under warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts