Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Tuner Help

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  KJ392 
#1 · (Edited)
Just put a 91 tune on my car went well and car felt stronger next I got some new Michelin 255/45/20 tires all the way around. tried to change the tire size but tuner would not let me so had to take it in for a rear end change so put the tune back to stock. the dealership (a good one) changed the tire size for me. My question is if I hook the tuner back up and save the tune will it remember the new tire size and incorporate the new tire size in the 93 tune? Thanks for any an all help.

#2 ·
I'm going to make a guess here and say no. From what the speed tech told me that originally installed my Trinity, the tuner reads your VIN and goes from that. You can modify the 93 tune for tires, CAI, etc.

If I am wrong or mistaken I am sure someone will be along to correct me.

Reactions: nonotta
This post has been deleted
#3 ·
Let me make sure so when I put the 93 tune on it will save my data with the adjusted tire size? Thanks Mike

#6 ·
FYI, the bug that broke being able to set tire size has been fixed with the latest update, so if you haven't updated the tuner/CROMs in a while I would recommend updating. Then this becomes a non-issue. :)

Reactions: nonotta
#7 ·
If only this were true... I got excited and updated my Trinity again, but I already had the trinity_dcx_gas-1r11b_update.crom dated 03/14/2014 and I still get "Unable to read "Tire Size" Parameter". I even tried downloading the update crom and manually installing it, no good...

This makes me a sad panda... :(

Diablo Mike, I need you!

Reactions: wasp392
#11 ·
Mine craps out if I try to change tire size but works if I change tire Diameter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.