Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok installed the 93 octane tune also just sent the logs to HF for my custom tune but wow what a different car as far as feel and response. Did a 4.6 0-60 pull I will keep posted once I get the custom tune.

-Dogg

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So did the data logging while using the canned 93 octane HF canned tune and sent the log to HF as requested. Was told the canned tune was good enough no tweaks needed...??? I don't know how I feel about that but I have been driving on it a cpl weeks definitely something to get used to no acceleration restrictions so I have to barely push down on accelerator to not jerk from a stop but the power is always there no MDS, no speed cap. I still use sport mode but wonder if its even necessary? other than the (You paid for a custom tune and got a canned one) I am happy with the purchase. Just my thoughts feel free to respond with any personal experiences with the tune.

-Dogg

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,165 Posts
Wait, so you uploaded the diablo 93 octane tune, data logged a run, sent it the HemiFever (along with your stock tune I presume as I don't think you can send the canned tune) to have the tune modified, HF came back and said no tweaks were need from the 93 tune and still charged you?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wait, so you uploaded the diablo 93 octane tune, data logged a run, sent it the HemiFever (along with your stock tune I presume as I don't think you can send the canned tune) to have the tune modified, HF came back and said no tweaks were need from the 93 tune and still charged you?
Purchased i3 thru HF initially charged for a custom tune included with the purchase. Swapped for the unlocked once I received the unlocked PCM & i3 programmer HF sent me their 93 octane tune which is what I was running when I was logging. Sent that to HF and was told gas quality looks good stick with the tune no adjustments....

-Dogg

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,165 Posts
Purchased i3 thru HF initially charged for a custom tune included with the purchase. Swapped for the unlocked once I received the unlocked PCM & i3 programmer HF sent me their 93 octane tune which is what I was running when I was logging. Sent that to HF and was told gas quality looks good stick with the tune no adjustments....

-Dogg
If HF sent you a tune then it probably is not the same (he might have his own version of a 93 tune he developed) as the 93 octane canned tune that loads with the CROM on the i3.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,819 Posts
He gave you a custom tune, he just nailed it first shot, lol

A Guy

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I am not complaining about the performance. The extra power is there and noticeable just seemed odd to me that there were no adjustments needed... I have just read too many threads of people going back and forth to get things right or not getting the results they expected I don't mind being the 1%'er just sharing my experience.

-Dogg

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
I am not complaining about the performance. The extra power is there and noticeable just seemed odd to me that there were no adjustments needed... I have just read too many threads of people going back and forth to get things right or not getting the results they expected I don't mind being the 1%'er just sharing my experience.

-Dogg
Does your car have any mods or, is it stock except the tune? Did you swap intake manifolds, headers, a cam, etc.? Is your car N/A or F/I? I have a '15 Challenger R/T 5.7l, basically all stock, when I added the Scat Pack I PCM (Basically a 91 octane tune) there was no need for "back and forth" as it was written for a stock car with a cat back and CAI (which really do nothing). I just like the better throttle response.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Does your car have any mods or, is it stock except the tune? Did you swap intake manifolds, headers, a cam, etc.? Is your car N/A or F/I? I have a '15 Challenger R/T 5.7l, basically all stock, when I added the Scat Pack I PCM (Basically a 91 octane tune) there was no need for "back and forth" as it was written for a stock car with a cat back and CAI (which really do nothing). I just like the better throttle response.
Yes, basically stock CAI, wider tires and Shell 93 octane. I gave HF that info right off the bat so they may have pulled out that tune and sent it to me first and I got lucky.

-Dogg

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,165 Posts
Most of the back and forth tune tweaks are required for modified engines...cam, heads, SC...etc.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
586 Posts
So did the data logging while using the canned 93 octane HF canned tune and sent the log to HF as requested. Was told the canned tune was good enough no tweaks needed...??? I don't know how I feel about that but I have been driving on it a cpl weeks definitely something to get used to no acceleration restrictions so I have to barely push down on accelerator to not jerk from a stop but the power is always there no MDS, no speed cap. I still use sport mode but wonder if its even necessary? other than the (You paid for a custom tune and got a canned one) I am happy with the purchase. Just my thoughts feel free to respond with any personal experiences with the tune.

-Dogg
HF has tuned a lot of these cars, his 93 octane tune is a big kick in the pants compared to stock tune or Diablo canned tune. IMO his 93 octane tune is probably very close for most cars. My guess is when he told you the tune was good enough it meant the numbers are safe and good for all around performance and you have not requested to maximize a specific aspect of your cars performance. Sean is a man of few words so sometimes good to follow up with additional questions.

If your accelerator pedal is too touchy here is a link to a recalibration procedure. It's quick and easy. Did mine, driveability is much improved.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
HF has tuned a lot of these cars, his 93 octane tune is a big kick in the pants compared to stock tune or Diablo canned tune. IMO his 93 octane tune is probably very close for most cars. My guess is when he told you the tune was good enough it meant the numbers are safe and good for all around performance and you have not requested to maximize a specific aspect of your cars performance. Sean is a man of few words so sometimes good to follow up with additional questions.

If your accelerator pedal is too touchy here is a link to a recalibration procedure. It's quick and easy. Did mine, driveability is much improved.
Didn't see an attached link so if you want to direct message me that link it would be great. I put my RT in storage last Sunday but once the weather breaks I can mess with the accelerator. Thanks in advance.

-Dogg

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Yeah have to agree with others, at first it seems like “why did i pay for a custom tune to just be sent a pre-done tune” , but as your modifications advance so will the tune.

Lets say you decide to add headers and do a cat delete, thats a good one there to look at. Definitely going to have to re adjust for that

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
586 Posts
Didn't see an attached link so if you want to direct message me that link it would be great. I put my RT in storage last Sunday but once the weather breaks I can mess with the accelerator. Thanks in advance.

-Dogg
Hey Dogg, my bad. Throttle calibration.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts