Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is where I stand at the moment. I am new to the whole tuning electronic thing.
I have a 2010 R/T 5.7 with almost 30000 on it. It does have a cold air intake and a fatback exhaust.
I looking to get a tuber for it but I'm not really sure it's worth it, so this is where I need help. So here goes a lot of questions
I've been reading around the form and elsewhere. What is the best tuner for the challenger? Also I've read no one really knows about the warranty issue. Also if I got a tuner and tuned my car, can it be changed back to stock ?
What are the pros and cons, do tuners create problems? I've been reading about timing chain issues, is this from the tuners? Also it know turning off MDS is a plus from tuners, once off can it be turned back on?
Sorry for all the questions I've never modified anything much newer than 74 so this tuner thing is out of my realm of knowledge

Thanks J.D.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
627 Posts
If you tune you car you can tune it back to stock always tune it back before you take it in for service so that there is no warranty issues I herd a used predator is the way to go Im on the hunt for one as we speak so if anyone has one pm me thanx

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
You can always get a new intune tuner and start enjoying you car even more right away. I have a intune, and it sure made a very nice improvement on how the car drives.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have a 2010 R/T 6spd. Should be getting the trinity any day!! Looking forward to the tuners work!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
The best thing about the tuner will be pedal feel not horsepower.. Diablosport seems to be the most used

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Huh interesting.... We'll thanks for the input see how it goes I guess... I was hesitant at first about them, I didn't want to tare up my car or something lol. Sounds like you all have good luck with them so far.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
610 Posts
Trinity is great if you are going to have it custom tune if you want a basic tune get the intune. Still diablosport but cheaper and less features. I got the trinity and my car was the beta tester for diablosport to tune the 2013's they tune my car when it had less than 400 miles i have now 12k and not a single issue... I was ready to sell my car because i hated the pedal feel that slugish 2 seconds fromwhen you step on it until it goes.. That delay. Well now with the trinity and their tune is fixed and i raised the pedal feel(throttle boost) to a bigger percetange and feels like drive by cable not wire :).... After that now im keeping my car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts