Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this site and a new Challenger R/T Scat Pack owner. Looking to do some basic mods but don't want to void the warranty. Thinking about a performance tune to start. Any recommendations for a good shop in the Bay area (Oakland San Francisco areas)?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Maybe try these guys? Borelli Motor Sports, in San Jose.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Borelli Motorsports plain and simple!! Aaron is a master engine builder and is probably the best Modern Mopar tuner in California.

He built my R/T beast!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,861 Posts
I remember seeing a video of a time lapsed build by them. do a youtube search for them

A Guy

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
2,205 Posts
Go to High Horse Performance's web site to find out who they use in your area. It may be one of those listed above. Oh yeah, they are a vendor here, and were recommended to my by JBA when I bought my headers.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
The only one I know is Dito's in Daly City.
These guys tuned my 12 RT classic. 16 TQ and 12HP at the wheels. Once I get the PCM for the 16 SP I will have them do it again. Was pretty cheap at 140.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These guys tuned my 12 RT classic. 16 TQ and 12HP at the wheels. Once I get the PCM for the 16 SP I will have them do it again. Was pretty cheap at 140.
$140 is cheap. In a response to an email I sent them the owner said they would only do the tune if I towed the car into the shop and out and signed a form stating I only intended to use the car on the track and not in the street. Never heard of that before. Can you provide some info?

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I did drive the car there and back home after the tune. So that wasn't a biggie for me. Maybe they have this new rule as a shop? I don't recall signing a form but I wouldn't be surprised if I had. They have to cover there own ass. So if the tuning ever came to light with CHP or smog (de-tune the car before smog) they can say you signed paper work stating you wouldn't drive on public roads. I had zero issues with CHP or smog so you should be fine. Id call them for a better answer then what I can give.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did drive the car there and back home after the tune. So that wasn't a biggie for me. Maybe they have this new rule as a shop? I don't recall signing a form but I wouldn't be surprised if I had. They have to cover there own ass. So if the tuning ever came to light with CHP or smog (de-tune the car before smog) they can say you signed paper work stating you wouldn't drive on public roads. I had zero issues with CHP or smog so you should be fine. Id call them for a better answer then what I can give.
Q
I just realized you took your car to Ditos in Daily City. The shop that I emailed who told me I would have to tow my car in to get the tune was Borelli Motor Sports, in San Jose. I'll have to call Ditos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm new to this site and a new Challenger R/T Scat Pack owner. Looking to do some basic mods but don't want to void the warranty. Thinking about a performance tune to start. Any recommendations for a good shop in the Bay area (Oakland San Francisco areas)?
dude screw your warranty have that motor gone thru i bought a 2015 cballenger rt plus from a 340lbs NFL player with a stern warning about it being souped up.when in launch mode my car pulls the front end off the ground& carrys it til it hits @nd gear then it pulls front end off the ground again 1/4 mile without launch mode ts 150mph

1 - 13 of 13 Posts