Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best tuner out there for around 300 dollars.
also can i tune my R/T myself?
and what ecactly does the tuner do? (details please)
Thank you so much

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
If your RT isn't an 11 you can tune it. The Diablosport predator is the only tuner I know of for about $300. It's easy to use. Just plug it into the cars interface plug and follow the display. It will save your current tune and put what ever tune you want in. It comes with 4 tunes or you can send the info it saves out and have a custom tune made. If you want to save your tune to your computer you'll need a serial cable if you have the old serial connection on your computer or a serial to USB adapter. I got my tuner from Maryland speed. They are about the cheapest and a sponsor here.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yup, Predator is the best bet, but don't overlook the trinity for a few hundred more, with all of its nice features.

Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys but what does it actually do and can you post links for both the trinity and regular diablo.

And when you mean I can make a custom tune can I do that or do i have to get a shop to tune it for me?

Also will this void my warranty, and can I restore factory tune if I want to

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Here is the site that Diablosport has for the Predator and Trinity tuners. Index :: DiabloSport :: Gas and Diesel Tuning Systems

They make both but you said something about $300 and I think the cheapest I've seen the Trinity is $500+ but it does logging better if you want to order i custom tune it might be better. The custom tune would need to be made by someone else and installed by you. I just use a canned 93 octane CAI tune that comes with the Predator. That's what I was talking about it saves your original tune so you can put it back in if you want. I emailed diablosport and ask about the warranty of the car and they said as long as you put the stock tune back in before taking it to the dealership they can't tell you had a canned tune in the car. Now a custom tune that might be differant. Like I said I got mine from Maryland Speed
Welcome : MarylandSpeed.com- Your First Stop on the Way to Performance! but speedlogic and alot of places sell them at about $300. I'm not sure what the tuner changes but I'm guessing things like air/fuel and timing but that first link I gave you can tell you. I know my RT auto feels and sounds alot quicker than before. I've heard it's not as prevelant on the manuals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts