Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new (and first time) owner of a 2014 Challenger Redline. I got a Mopar CAI installed, getting Solo Performance exhaust installed and then started reading up on tuners, specifically Diablo tuners. What exactly do they do? Are they easy to use? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Tuner is great for enhancing the ride. My shifts are now harder and more sportier and my throttle is pretty much instant now, no lag. Those are the immediate benefits, some people say it increases hp.

If you know how to install a program on a computer then this will be easy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
can't speak to the 3.6 but the diablo has a verified bump of about 20hp/tq for the 3.5L. pretty good bang for the buck.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
I bought my first ever tuner a month ago - Diablo Trinity. I had no idea what I was doing, but everyone said it was easy.

It was pretty easy to get started with it, to upload a 93 Octane tune, to turn off MDS.

I have also used it to read the codes from a CEL.

There is a lot more in it that I have no clue what it is.

Even just loading the canned tune gave it a little more get up and go, I'm planning to get a custom tune in a little while since I've added JBA shorties, Solo high flow cats and the Solo cat back. I'd recommend one.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
How much is the diablo tuner? And does it make a pretty big difference with the speed and everything?
What year is your car?

The trinity will work for all years and offers a bunch of additonal features for $599
Diablosport Trinity Programmer

If you only need the tuning capability and don't care for the other features, like real time display, gauges and timers etc the Intune will do you just fine!

05-10 Cars $389
DiabloSport inTune Touch Screen Tuner 05-10 Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum, Jeep

11-14 Cars $449
DiabloSport inTune Programmer 11-14 Challenger, Charger, 300, Grand Cherokee, Durango, Ram

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
I just bought the Intune the other day. I have to burn off the last 1/4 tank of gas before I fill it up with 93 octane. I'll start with the canned 93-tune and see what that does. I'm looking forward to it.

Just an FYI, plug it into your computer to get the latest updates first. This can take HOURS. :sleep:

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,548 Posts
Yes, a DiabloSport tuner can do all the things mentioned above, but increasing HP/TQ and reading/clearing DTCs is only half the story...the exciting half I will admit, but still only half.

For me, the much more useful aspect to the tuner is its ability to tell me what's going on inside my engine via the datalogging capabilities.

By using the tuner to record datalogs while driving and then studying those datlogs (with DiabloSport's DataViewer software), I have learned more about my car and how it reacts to various changes in the operating environment than I ever could just reading articles and manuals. This particular aspect of the tuner is invaluable IMHO.

That doesn't make for a sexy bullet point in the 'Pro' column of a "Pros vs Cons" list of tuner ownership, but that's fine. It's a definite plus to having the device.

After all, the tuner is described as a power-adder, and as we all know, knowledge is power, so in that respect, the tuner lives up to its billing for sure.

Nuke

·
Banned
553 Posts
Highly recommend it...very simple to use.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I just got my intune today and have been playing with it...very simple to use like everyone says. Whats the cost for having them write a custom tune for you? I have a ported tb coming in next week and will be adding some long tube headers with hi flo cats soon as well...so a custom tune would be ideal for me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
What year is your car?

The trinity will work for all years and offers a bunch of additonal features for $599

Diablosport Trinity Programmer

If you only need the tuning capability and don't care for the other features, like real time display, gauges and timers etc the Intune will do you just fine!

05-10 Cars $389

DiabloSport inTune Touch Screen Tuner 05-10 Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum, Jeep

11-14 Cars $449

DiabloSport inTune Programmer 11-14 Challenger, Charger, 300, Grand Cherokee, Durango, Ram

I have a 2010 se

1 - 12 of 12 Posts