Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running the Predator 91 octane tune. I'm in the middle of installing a ZEX kit on my 6.1L 6-speed 2010, and the instructions state NOT to run a performance tune as the advance in the timing can result in detonation within "a couple seconds" when spraying nitrous.

My questions, do I have to reload the stock tune? Seems a shame to have to run a stock tune 24/7 for the rare occasions when I spray nitrous (rarely). I'm installing an electric bottle opener so if I get challenged without advance warning, I can use my bottle.

What are others doing? Should I get a custom tune, do they make a custom tune that retards the timing only when the nitrous system gets activated?

If I have to run the stock tune, can I adjust the fan settings in the stock tune as I did with the 91CAI tune to run the engine at 180 degrees?

Appreciate any input, I am new to nitrous. Not too concerned over hurting the engine, it would just give me an excuse to get an aluminum 426 stroker from Arrington. But don't want to make a stupid mistake and break a land ring needlessly.

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I had DynoSteve do a nitrous CMR tune for my Magnum when I ran the Zex kit (100 Shot). Though since I only used nitrous at the track (illegal on the street here in Ontario) I simply switched between tunes when I got to the track. I'm sure any tuner could write a decent tune that will work on both nitrous and NA, though you might sacrifice some performance from running both.

Tom

I'm currently running the Predator 91 octane tune. I'm in the middle of installing a ZEX kit on my 6.1L 6-speed 2010, and the instructions state NOT to run a performance tune as the advance in the timing can result in detonation within "a couple seconds" when spraying nitrous.

My questions, do I have to reload the stock tune? Seems a shame to have to run a stock tune 24/7 for the rare occasions when I spray nitrous (rarely). I'm installing an electric bottle opener so if I get challenged without advance warning, I can use my bottle.

What are others doing? Should I get a custom tune, do they make a custom tune that retards the timing only when the nitrous system gets activated?

If I have to run the stock tune, can I adjust the fan settings in the stock tune as I did with the 91CAI tune to run the engine at 180 degrees?

Appreciate any input, I am new to nitrous. Not too concerned over hurting the engine, it would just give me an excuse to get an aluminum 426 stroker from Arrington. But don't want to make a stupid mistake and break a land ring needlessly.

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts