Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, recently tuned my 14 RT, now I don't get any wheelspin at all. It grabs and goes nice, but it used to spin on demand for a little fun every now and then, but it doesn't now. Any idea what's going on?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
could be lots of things but the obvious are:
  • Are you running 93 octane fuel? If not, your ECU may be pulling timing.
  • What is your throttle boost set to? Sounds like you want it to at least 10 if you're looking for that snappy throttle feel.
  • Is TC enabled where it used to be turned off?
  • Did you add or subtract fuel? IF so what %?
  • Do you have the same wheel/tire sizes on the car?

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes I am running 93 octane. monitored for knock...0 long term and practically no short term. I always drive with the TC in "Soft off" I did not add or subtract any fuel. same tires.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
Interesting.

Do you have some miles and temp cycles on the 93 tune? Mine takes about 20 miles for the timing and fuel to settle in after I load a tune. If the tune hasn't matured, it may get stronger with miles.

If you have miles and temp cycles on the 93 tune, I would try pulling F2 for a minute and see if clearing the adaptives changes it.

If it does, then the question is why is it or what caused it to trim out so much.

I still haven't fully learned what all happens when you clear the adaptives. It forces the fuel tables to go to the factory defaults so over time the ECU will trim the fuel based on the operation of the narrow band (front 02s).
It was explained to me once by a tuner that the closer your car runs to the factory default fuel trims, the less effect pulling F2 will have. Some cars change a bunch and others don’t seem to change at all.

I guess as a last resort, you could log & PID actual sparky cyl #1 and base spark with your stock tune and with the 93 tune to see what if any differences there are in timing. A couple of WOT blasts to see if your getting over 20 degrees and compare your base spark adv.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
610 Posts
just raise your throttle booster and firmness shifts. I have my booster all the way to the top and even more :D

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I find the firmer shifts feel like it's going to drop my transmission out of the car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts