Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack Challenger
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping Mr. stevewhite can chime in - or any other tuners.

Here's what I'm working on currently.

2019 Widebody Scat Pack Challenger A8 car.

Completely stock engine, trans, only other models is Borla cat back exhaust.

The plan
Torqstorm kit set to 5-6psi max with (Smoothboost boost controller)
E85 or some meth injection
Proper fuel system to support 5-6 psi to minimize risk
Some form of either a procharger intercooler or a custom made air to water

1. The pieces I dont have figured out are should I do a full E85 conversion - or just run a meth injection

2. The 2019 cars are notoriously hard to tune due to further ECU "chastity" features to lock the PCM. Can I just get a earlier model year ECU that's unlocked to run off of?

3. Who does the best tuning around? I have ZERO problems trailering the car 15 hours from PA to get the tune right if I have to.

Cheers everyone - let's discuss

·
Super Moderator
15,087 Posts
the 18+ require a PCM for those applications there isn't backward compatability for using the '15 - '17 PCM

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 18+ require a PCM for those applications there isn't backward compatability for using the '15 - '17 PCM
So what are the options for tuning? There has to be cars that are boosted and running successfully at 5-6lbs or am I wrong?

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
You will need to get an unlocked PCM from either Diablosports or HHP, along with a tuner capable of doing custom tunes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
605 Posts
OST Dyno in Portersville Pa. has a stellar reputation, may be a good place to start with.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,038 Posts
OST Dyno and HHP both have pretty good reputaions for tuning and performance work.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate all the advice. I saw some posts from some tuners who said they won't tune a 18 or 19 - any idea why?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Strong recommendation from a guy who has a Scat with a Hellcat short block and a Procharger D1X making 765 whp.. modified cars do not run or act like OE and are not for everyone .. the internet leads one to believe modified cars are just turn key and they are not. if you are up to it and have the knowledge to maintain it and work on it..definitely go for it..if not..trade it for a Hellcat or Redeye....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Strong recommendation from a guy who has a Scat with a Hellcat short block and a Procharger D1X making 765 whp.. modified cars do not run or act like OE and are not for everyone .. the internet leads one to believe modified cars are just turn key and they are not. if you are up to it and have the knowledge to maintain it and work on it..definitely go for it..if not..trade it for a Hellcat or Redeye....
I've owned many modified cars, looking to do something fun and different. No stranger to danger - I understand the saying of "gotta pay to play"

There is the element of doing it right, and if others have made a simple 5-6psi setup work there is no reason we can't make it work again.

I've had cars that made over 700whp before, and drove fine. I'm only looking to finish the car as fun driver, nothing serious or looking to set records.

I'm looking for the best tuning advice, and hardware advice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm hoping Mr. stevewhite can chime in - or any other tuners.

Here's what I'm working on currently.

2019 Widebody Scat Pack Challenger A8 car.

Completely stock engine, trans, only other models is Borla cat back exhaust.

The plan
Torqstorm kit set to 5-6psi max with (Smoothboost boost controller)
E85 or some meth injection
Proper fuel system to support 5-6 psi to minimize risk
Some form of either a procharger intercooler or a custom made air to water

1. The pieces I dont have figured out are should I do a full E85 conversion - or just run a meth injection

2. The 2019 cars are notoriously hard to tune due to further ECU "chastity" features to lock the PCM. Can I just get a earlier model year ECU that's unlocked to run off of?

3. Who does the best tuning around? I have ZERO problems trailering the car 15 hours from PA to get the tune right if I have to.

Cheers everyone - let's discuss
I got a 2019 rt scatpack a 8. Been tuned by hemi fever. Got Diablo pcm swap with i3. Runs 11s on street tires. Doing headers and further tweaking on tune with drag wheels tires for this season.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts