Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are the amber drl’s , the same exact light source as the amber signal lights? Do they share the same intinsity ( voltage , wires etc.. )

but just remain always on when the option is enabled?

asking this because i got them turned on by a tuner and want to know that i dont have the signal lights working 24/7
when they are in fact different in any way shape or form from the amber drl lights . ( wires and voltage etc...)

hope my question is clear. Because the amaber drl is beyond intense and it got me wondering.

Small font answered

A quick question : say one of you guys use a tazer or alphaobd to make a silly change like a lights change or something.

1- can the dealer tell that a foreign device was used easily ? Like can they find out in seconds ? Or do they have to do a special test to see if something was used?

2- And can you make changes to a 2020 challenger scat using the alphaobd with a bypass cable ?

for example turn on the amber drl’s?

a tuner today kept turning it on but it never worked , maybe because it is a 2020?

is the fact it is a 2020 that the changes were never made in the actual car system ?

he knew about the 2018+ security updates before we even started BUT
hard time locating the place where the bypass cable goes which was in the trunk.

he found it thanks to youtube.

——

based on what i read in this thread.

1- Were the changes never made because it was a locked system? He set drl on and changed the county etc...

but nothing changed for 2 hours in trying.

what about the bypass cable?

Does it bypass the locked pcm or what is it’s pourpse?

i have no tuning info what so ever so i don’t know if i am asking the right questions even lol

Dont think he ever worked on. 2018+ before but he knew they made changes to make harder to tune.

Thanks

any info appreciated

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Need a PCM swap to tune a 2018+ Challenger. Doing a PCM swap will send a code to the BCM that can't be removed. Doing anything with the OB 2 port will trigger alerts that the dealer will find out about.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need a PCM swap to tune a 2018+ Challenger. Doing a PCM swap will send a code to the BCM that can't be removed. Doing anything with the OB 2 port will trigger alerts that the dealer will find out about.
Can the dealer find out if i go for regular check up? I mean they just plug their scanner to check on a code will they know i used the port?

or does he have to do a special test to know if the port was used?

also so the changes the tuner made today didnt happen at all to the system?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Can the dealer find out if i go for regular check up? I mean they just plug their scanner to check on a code will they know i used the port?
Yes and they will find out in seconds. All they do is plug something into the port and it gives them the info. I changed out the headlights in my Wrangler a few years back and only brought it to the dealer to get them aligned. Service advisor put the device in the Jeep and even before I was able to tell him what I was there for, he was asking if I did anything to the vehicle.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes and they will find out in seconds. All they do is plug something into the port and it gives them the info.
any idea about the other tuner questions?

he used a bypasscable and alphaobd and made changes to turn on the drl but nothing changed in the car at all?

so he was doing changes and they were never sent to the system or what?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
any idea about the other tuner questions?

he used a bypasscable and alphaobd and made changes to turn on the drl but nothing changed in the car at all?

so he was doing changes and they were never sent to the system or what?
Dealer won't find out about it until you bring it in for service. As I said they will plug a device into the OB2 port and will see something was done. As for the bypass cable, no clue if the dealer can see that. If a dealer can see me changing headlights, I'm sure they can see that.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealer won't find out about it until you bring it in for service. As I said they will plug a device into the OB2 port and will see something was done.
he never used the ob2 port , i seen the dealer use this port and it was in the driver side.
he used whatever was hidden in the trunk. The white and green box.

i get it that they will find out which sucks. Np i guess

if anyone has answers to the other question i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
he never used the ob2 port , i seen the dealer use this port and it was in the driver side.
he used whatever was hidden in the trunk.

i get it that they will find out which sucks np.

if anyone has answers to the other question i would appreciate it
Good luck with it. Not sure why you're trying to do so many things to a new vehicle like that, but I'm not making payments on it, so my opinion is moot.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good luck with it. Not sure why you're trying to do so many things to a new vehicle like that, but I'm not making payments on it, so my opinion is moot.
man i did no changes to it beside an emblem. I’m not sure what you mean.

Thanks for making me feel shitty. I am making payment on it and i regret every thing i done.

i was just trying to get amber drl which didn’t happen. But your opinion matters since you are helping.

again if anyone has answers to why the changes never happened please help.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
man i did no changes to it beside an emblem. I’m not sure what you mean.

Thanks for making me feel shitty. I am making payment on it and i regret every thing i done.

i was just trying to get amber drl which didn’t happen. But your opinion matters since you are helping.

again if anyone has answers to why the changes never happened please help.
Not trying to make you feel bad. Sorry if I did, but asking questions about a tune, had me making assumptions.

Answer to your question that I just looked up.

" 2018+ Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep vehicles all have a new security module that renders the OBD2 port inoperable for all aftermarket devices and tuners.
The Double Bypass kit overcomes this obstacle by installing a secondary OBD2 port in the trunk, bypassing the security module."

Now if a dealer can see that or not. I have no clue.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not trying to make you feel bad. Sorry if I did, but asking questions about a tune, had me making assumptions.

Answer to your question that I just looked up.

" 2018+ Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep vehicles all have a new security module that renders the OBD2 port inoperable for all aftermarket devices and tuners.
The Double Bypass kit overcomes this obstacle by installing a secondary OBD2 port in the trunk, bypassing the security module."

Now if a dealer can see that or not. I have no clue.
ok ok now i can see clearer , he did use the trunk with the bypass cable.

thanks a lot for the info

the question now is why did nothing change even though he set drl on , changed the country for system and tried over and over.

he did set everything back to the way it was before wrapping up so i’m not sure if that helps with the dealer finding out.

so he bypassed which corresponds with the information you provided , yet the changes never made it to the car , i wonder why?

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I cant believe this

after 4 hours ... i went out to just check if all the car is good after today.

and look what option i have.

and it does work but the side break has to be off and the car moving.

not sure how do people take pictures then with it on but they do work in neatrual (N) too

not sure if i should be happy that i have it now or sad that the dealer will find out easily. ( please give me a list of believable exuses )

damn they are bright. They are like a normal car light by it self.

are they that bright for everyone?

and why show up after 4 hours? Yes i checked hour n hour

just please let me know if the signal lights and amber drl share the same power outage or source . Just so i know i’m safe and not using the signal lights which are not the amber lights.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
However they only work when the lights are off and i only have the 2 halos ( all the modes where the lights are off ) ... when i turn my lights on they are gone ( what could it be ) ?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I cant believe this

View attachment 1005218

after 4 hours ... i went out to just check if all the car is good after today.

and look what option i have.

and it does work but the side break has to be off and the car moving.

not sure how do people take pictures then with it on but they do work in neatrual (N) too

not sure if i should be happy that i have it now or sad that the dealer will find out easily. ( please give me a list of believable exuses )

View attachment 1005219

damn they are bright. They are like a normal car light by it self.

are they that bright for everyone?

and why show up after 4 hours? Yes i checked hour n hour

just please let me know if the signal lights and amber drl share the same power outage or source . Just so i know i’m safe and not using the signal lights which are not the amber lights.
Glad you got them working. If the lights were the only thing messed with and not the engine or tranny, I would think they wouldn't care. Hopefully they won't.

Reactions: KWSPWB

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad you got them working. If the lights were the only thing messed with and not the engine or tranny, I would think they wouldn't care. Hopefully they won't.
nope i was there the whole time , lights only ... hopefully man , hopefully they wont find out or care.

thanks

got some googling to do to know if the signal lights are the lights as the amber drl ( same power source , power ,wires etc...) hopefully it is the same light and just blinking when signaling

For anyone with a challenger lol :
When you turn on the night time lights do the amber halos become white ?
“ Imagine you have it in auto “light switch “ “ Or can you have both amber lights and the night light at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,706 Posts
The DRLs only work when the headlights are off and the parking brake is off, this is normal. Yes, they are bright. I suspected your "dealer" was full of it, and you had an issue you somehow fixed

A Guy

·
Registered
16,211 Posts
For anyone with a challenger lol :
When you turn on the night time lights do the amber halos become white ?
“ Imagine you have it in auto “light switch “ “ Or can you have both amber lights and the night light at the same time.
The white halo rings are thinner and always on. If you look closely you can see that even when the amber DRL is on that the white halo is also lit. So when it gets dark and the headlights come on, the ambers simply go out and leave the white halos to themselves. There is a two-stage brightness for the whites depending whether the headlights are on or off but they are always on. And no, you cannot have the ambers and headlights on at the same time. The ambers are one-stage brightness and are turn signals, hazard flasher and DRL only.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I suspected your "dealer" was full of it, and you had an issue you somehow fixed

A Guy
And they said middle east specs after months of back and forth trying to fix.

they said it should be their at first. then this and then that.

But you know dealers will do anything to void the warranty.

they even sent me the car spec sheet which included the AMBER drl’s so i will till them i just followed some online forum or
please if you have any excuses up your sleeve share them.

donnue weather to be happy or just sad they will eventually blame all problems on this.

ya we’ll c

hope they dont blame me turning them on when they find out , incase they ever use a diagnostic tool for an unrelated issue like an engine one or whatever else. And void the warranty.

i just pray they dont because i am 99% sure they will if they find out even though this isnt “modding”

The white halo rings are thinner and always on. If you look closely you can see that even when the amber DRL is on that the white halo is also lit. So when it gets dark and the headlights come on, the ambers simply go out and leave the white halos to themselves. There is a two-stage brightness for the whites depending whether the headlights are on or off but they are always on. And no, you cannot have the ambers and headlights on at the same time. The ambers are one-stage brightness and are turn signals, hazard flasher and DRL only.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Glad that i have no problems and all is correct since the same lights source is for signals and drl’s and the signals is just them blinking.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,706 Posts
If they didn't even know they should be on, they won't know you turned them on ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If they didn't even know they should be on, they won't know you turned them on ;)

A Guy
Hahaha :ROFLMAO: i will turn them off in the uconnect , when i go just to be safe

i mean you know one day for example i have a missfire in a cylinder or whatever problem.
( which i hope never )

the dash will throw a code obviously.

And i have to go to them and they will use their little diagnostic tools.

as someone in the other thread informed me , they will know that another computer was used.
“ in this case what the tuner used to put the disabled drl option back on”

that’s what i meant.

i don’t know how their tools work but i hope it doesn’t show up right in their faces.

If it is something they have to specifically look for then i doubt they’ll know.

( voiding warranty is what i’m worried about)

That’s all i mean

thanks all again

1 - 20 of 40 Posts