Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the tranny of these cars can be tuned, or how they are tuned exactly... I hear it improves shifting and gives a much stronger chirp during shifts. I have the stage 2 valve body on my stock tranny, and I want to gain as much as possible from it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are these just bolted on, or are they tweaked?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
They are flashed with new software and are direct replacement for the TCM. You just swap them out.

Word of caution, if you were to put one of these modified TCM's in, do not mess with any tranny settings on the predator, otherwise, your TCM upgrade becomes a book end.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info crow... I haven't really seen it on a lot of website, and seems not that many people have done it, is there a catch? cause it seems like a very useful mod to get, especially that stronger chirp during shifts :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
Some people were modifying the transmission with Mercedes AMG parts to get better shifts, but I don't remember what the parts or the results were.
________
Washington dispensaries

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Yeah most go with the blue tops. Thats what I'll be doing if I ever get a high stall convertor

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So which one is mostly used, and would you guys recommend getting it? Is there any way to get the same thing but with the predator, cause i don't want to have to worry about putting a tune or changing parameters when its gonna risk causing problems with the tcm

·
Registered
887 Posts
There is a brand new device called the Tranzformer Shift Kit. It's an electronic box that sounds like it is the ultimate tranny device. There are 2 threads on the LX Forums where guys are trying it out.
http://www.zautotech.com/tranzformer.html

·
Registered
101 Posts
There is a brand new device called the Tranzformer Shift Kit. It's an electronic box that sounds like it is the ultimate tranny device. There are 2 threads on the LX Forums where guys are trying it out.
http://www.zautotech.com/tranzformer.html
Wow, that sounds cool. I like the fact that you are able to turn it off. No excess wear and tear until you want the extra performance.

·
Registered
887 Posts
It does sound like the cats meow! Almost too good to be true. . .
Time will tell as we let those guys play with it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Few questions about the mopar tcm... If I'm running 3.55 gears, will i be able to change my axle ratio on the predator without any issues? Can the tcm cause any problems to the tranny? and would you recommend getting it for a supercharged srt8?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been reading up on Tranzformer shift kit, and from what i've found, it looks great!!! :D... A lot of the guys on lxforums have tested them out and got awesome results. The cool part is you can adjust the shift and firmness of each gear individually and you can control at what rpm each gear will shift at on autostick mode. You can also turn it off and on by just double clicking the esp button.

Has anyone on this forum tried this yet?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts