Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
891 Posts
The zip, she does not upload 😕

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts
Well, Paint me green and call me a pickle! I am so used to the Windows forums where there are many formats available. Thanks for letting me know

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts
As spoolboy did before I stuck my nose in...🤐

A Guy

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
891 Posts
LOL

We've had a little adventure.

Now to lead Frank over to the dark side

File there👆

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,978 Posts
LOL

We've had a little adventure.

Now to lead Frank over to the dark side

File there👆
Spoolboy, I think that you've accomplished your mission because I'd say that Frank has come Waaaaay over to the Darkside! :D

Thanks Guys for sharing your adventure. There is quite a bit to learn to tuning these Dodges and their ANN stuff! It is interesting though.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Spoolboy, I think that you've accomplished your mission because I'd say that Frank has come Waaaaay over to the Darkside! :D

Thanks Guys for sharing your adventure. There is quite a bit to learn to tuning these Dodges and their ANN stuff! It is interesting though.
Quick thanks to ChallyTutum and Spoolboy for their help here in the tuning forum. I ended yesterday on a really good note with working the final bugs out of my tune. The page ChallyTatum provided with all of the consolidated links ("ChallyTatum's HP Tuners Encyclopedia") pointed to all the information I needed, saved me hours of sifting through the forums to find the information I needed. Anyone trying to figure out how the tables work I recommend referencing those links.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
891 Posts
My understanding of torque reserve is this. It's the amount of distance away from MBT for the ignition advance.

You can make the same torque with various spark advance, afr, and airflow.

You can increase idle speed (torque) 3 different ways:

Richen AFR from lambda 1
Increase spark advance
Increase airflow

Obviously you will reach an AFR and spark timing where torque (rpm) does not increase for the same airflow. Anything below this is the amount of torque in "reserve".

Oem calibrations often leave some "reserve" in the idle spark advance tables so that if idle speed falls they can add some spark advance to quickly bring rpm back up. If the engine is already at the best advance setting (MBT) then there is no "reserve" to bring idle speed up.

Play with the table and log spark advance, throttle position, airmass, and pulse width and o2 volts (or your wideband). Should be interesting.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
No, maybe I am confused, Torque Reserve when you are launching the car at the drag strip. Using the supercharger to hold a minimum amount of boost (Like 4lbs or so) while foot braking a car while the tree drops. I just need a higher stall speed so I can use launch control set to a higher RPM before it sends the power to the rear wheels. (I think) ;)

I don't have a blower so it is a moot point

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
891 Posts
So here is the real question.

What is the difference between idling at 700rpm or 3000rpm?

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
891 Posts
I have not seen any 8spd cars go quicker at the track with higher stall converters. The one possible, questionable exception is the 1320 that comes with a very slightly higher stall converter from the factory when compared to the other 6.4 cars.

What kind of 60ft are you getting now and are you spinning?

Don't overlook the fact that traction plays a factor in how much load you can put on the converter without the car moving.

yes, the braking power required to keep the vehicle from rolling. That is the problem I am having, hence the need for a higher stall speed.
That wasn't the answer I was looking for.

Think in terms of launch control.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I used (Tried to) Lauch control, it spins the tires at the line. my 60 foot times are atrocious 2 seconds, I have Nitto NT05R and do not spin once the car leaves. Well here is my dyno sheet, my best run was 13.4 at 103 ish mpg. Why after these mods and going from 350 whp to this did I only pick up .02 and 4 mph?

161 - 180 of 204 Posts