Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
More $ per gallon doesn't always translate into more $ per mile. The "anti-diesel" people (Not saying you're one, just that often times people only look at the fuel price per gallon) try to use the fuel cost argument but often times it doesn't fly.

$3.89/gal for 87 @ 25mpg = $0.155/mi
$4.05/gal for diesel @ 29mpg = $0.139/mi

1.6 cents per mile cheaper but 16 cents per gallon more expensive for the diesel. Those are today's fuel prices by my house. :thumbsup:
Um... for 1.6 cents per mile I will stick with the joy of driving my Challenger any day of the week... month... year... decade! There is NO diesel vehicle I'd rather have... or any other vehicle for that matter at any price than my Challenger! This car is a blast to drive... after 2 1/2 years and 30k miles it is still as much fun as day one. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
On The Car Show (Adam Carolla) thy tested out the Smart, Mini and fiat 500. Surprisingly the fiat was their favorite. John Sally liked it and he is 7 feet tall, said it was the most comfortable for his size and also didn't feel dangerous like the smart.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
2 words.

Hydrogen Generator

Diesel rocks.
Three words; Laws of thermodynamics. HHO generators are a scam. ;) But yes, diesel is awesome!

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Three words; Laws of thermodynamics. HHO generators are a scam. ;) But yes, diesel is awesome!

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide App
Unpossible. I read it on the Internet so it must be true! The 36.16 BTU/gallon at atmospheric pressure HHO produces should put a diesel powered SE into orbit. It cant be a scam. I refuse to believe it.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I believe for a short while the european version of the 300 hundred had a diesel option that offered about 160hp and no idea what the torque was. Presumably the hardware part of the conversion would not be all that hard, cost would be though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It would be wild if they dropped Mopar's new 3.0 liter Eco Diesel v6 into the Challenger. In the Ram trucks it's rated at 260 hp/ 480 ft lb of torque. This would be a great engine compliment to the "GT" (AWD) package.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
824 Posts
It would be wild if they dropped Mopar's new 3.0 liter Eco Diesel v6 into the Challenger. In the Ram trucks it's rated at 260 hp/ 480 ft lb of torque. This would be a great engine compliment to the "GT" (AWD) package.
I agree, that looks like a nice powerplant. The 4 door Wranglers are getting it now.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,589 Posts

OR

A Guy

21 - 33 of 33 Posts