Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking my se to RDP in a few weeks. Getting the turbo kit installed.I can't wait.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
No kidding cool what system are you getting? Keep us posted I'm very curious about how the 6 does with this.

·
Registered
65 Posts
sounds like a good time......keep us posted :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Its a Turbonetics

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am dropping the challenger off on the 9th, RDP Is doing 1 off custom dual exhaust instead of the single pipe. This thing is going to be naughty. Also ditching the go wing spoiler and putting a srt8 spoiler on. RDP wheels are coming soon!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
At some point the one legger 198mm is going to either break or be really really really holding you back in terms of hook, in general spider gears blow up when spun with ample HP.

As a suggestion, you may look into the 226mm R/T m6 (also 2010 up SRT8) rear with LSD, or at the very least the 210mm found on all hemi, and an option on the 2011 V6, there are aftermarket gears (3.92) and LSD for this one. I would assume you would need the whole setup( drive shart, half shafts, center diff, hubs and bearings) so a wrecking yard would be helpful. These are stock parts with little demand, I think if you low balled them you would move it! If you were local I would help...

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=258567

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At some point the one legger 198mm is going to either break or be really really really holding you back in terms of hook, in general spider gears blow up when spun with ample HP.

As a suggestion, you may look into the 236mm R/T m6 (also 2010 up SRT8) rear with LSD, or at the very least the 216mm found on all hemi, and an option on the 2011 V6, there are aftermarket gears (3.92) and LSD for this one. I would assume you would need the whole setup( drive shart, half shafts, center diff, hubs and bearings) so a wrecking yard would be helpful. These are stock parts with little demand, I think if you low balled them you would move it! If you were local I would help...
You been spying on me? lol. I am already looking for a new rear end. Also looking for engine internals , cams , pistons, intake mods etc...
:redcap:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
just trying to help, Inertia motor sports is local to me, the offer V6 stuff, I'd look into forged 9.0 to 9.5 depending on the boost you want to run. Inertia has a forged piston 4.0 short block, I bet they could do ANY CR ratio...

Nobody has an intake manifold, there are one offs setups for the Prowler. At least the IM is not as important with turbo, but yep the intake manifold is one of the worst on the planet.

Of course turbo setups like a high stall in the trans, nothing beats leaving the line at 3500 rpm. This and a stock SRT8 215mm rear would be all that is needed and it would be FASTER than a stock converter and 3.92 LSD 210mm. You can download cartest software, set the traction much higher as the program does not reflect what a drag radial or moder rubber / prep track can hook. You can change the stall speeds and gear ratio on the program to find the optimal setup. But based on my turbo experience it is hard to be a stall and a turbo, such a setup can cary almost any trans / rear ratio. Anyway the NAG1's 3rd gear is 1.41 so with 3.06 you would have a 4.31 overall GR, that is a good 1/4 mile gear assuming you can get the RPM thru traps, but hey you can run a decent size drag radial, and a turbo has a flat torque curve so you really don't need 4 gears in the 1/4 mile and 3.92s. So to sum it up stall and a stock 2.82 (3.98 in 3rd gear) to 3.06 and LSD is near optimal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts