Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone attending the Daytona Turkey Run Nov. 28th thru Dec. 1st I will be there with the Challenger on the 29th and 30th......

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great to hear who else will be going??

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump who else will be attending??

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Will they let you park in the infield? or are they still excluded for being too new?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm going to be going down there on Thursday. I'll be going down to Belair plaza on Friday night.

·
Banned
349 Posts
I will be there starting today, only because my best friend is a vendor and has 4 spots. We will be there later today setting up. I'll be at BelAir Plaza almost every night this week. Hope to see some of you guys! My friend has two appraisal booths and two swap spots. We are always known as the "Pontiac" guys as we usually have some outstanding Pontiacs at each of the locations. My buddy has quite the collections of classic Pontiacs and Corvettes. In the past my light blue 67 LeMans ALL ORIGINAL 54k mile car was always at one of the spots. A lot of people know the car and come looking for it as it was quite spectacular car. My first year without a Pontiac at this show and now it all about the Challenger and I will be looking for Mopar stuff, sure seems odd....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lord warlock yes they have been letting in the new challengers in the infield for the last 3 years. my inaugural edition 2011 Challenger will be there Friday and Saturday if you come past and see it stop on in and introduce yourself

mikes09SRT8 hope to meetup with you also

hemiorangeRT hope to meetup with you

·
Banned
349 Posts
The Turkey Run has always been open to any and all cars hasn't it'? I have always had classics in the past but I don't remember there being any "age" rules etc.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes there was an age rules the dident want new cars there but when the economy went south they aloud the newer cars in but had to be muscle or special interest no new Honda, Toyotas grocery getters ect.

·
Banned
349 Posts
At the track all day setting up, very windy and a bit chilly. Took a ride by BelAir Plaza and just a handful of cars. Hopefully it will warm up and hoping to see some Challengers later this week. Sure seems odd not having an old Pontiac to cruise around in this year but I am enjoying the Challenger!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hopefully I can find you on Friday in the infield

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
A few folks from the local club plan on going down, haven't seen an update yet from them though. Maybe i'll ask the future son in law if he wants to go down Friday or Saturday. He'll be here with my older daughter home from college for thanksgiving, and i doubt he'll want to go do girly shopping type stuff. He likes cars, but isn't mechanically minded, first meeting with him was trying to figure out a bad battery connection.

Moved here in 1988, went to the show almost every year till late 90s. drove the stealth in the year i bought it in 93, but later they wouldn't let it in. Cars had to be heavily modified or be pre-78 to get in, they had to limit people because attendance had reached 5000 cars and was filling the infield. Still have my plaque with the stealth pic on the track that year. Around 2006 our stealth club tried to get in as a club, and they'd only let us on the infield on Sunday, and half the people have left by then.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup that all changed 3 or 4 years ago
hopefully see ya there if you see my challenger stop on in and say hello

·
Banned
349 Posts
Was there all day today again setting up. Rainy and WINDY today. Supposed to be decent the rest of the week but a bit chilly in the evenings. I'll be at BelAir Plaza pretty much each night starting tomorrow night and at the track each day. Hope to meet up with some of you guys along the way!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes sir hope to be able to find you

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Just look for other modern challengers, some from jax will be there and i'm sure they'll prefer others to park nearby. I'm targeting Friday, but still not 100% yet, gotta decide soon if i'm going to start detailing it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its windy and raining here right now I will wait till tomorrow and brave the chilly weather to detail the Challenger on days like this I wish I had a garage to park it in.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'm waiting to see how the weather is going to be on Friday, if its as cold as it is now i'll pass, but if it warms a bit we'll see, i'll have to spend a few hours tomorrow cleaning the challenger up just in case. Lucky for me i have a garage.

·
Banned
349 Posts
Just got home and frying up a turkey for dinner now. Wow we have had a great week so far, lots of fun. I have my car right at our swap spots. Taking lots of ribbing for abandoning Pontiac after all these years. After 7 years of the same spot and always having stellar Pontiacs at the swap spot, our customers are grilling me over the Mopar switch. I did but 4 Mopar tin signs for the front of the garage from the sign vendor across from us today. He busted by balls as well as I buy two Pontiac signs every year from him. Well, not this year. LOL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts