Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked up older threads that date back to late 2013. Didn't see any further information. I installed the Web Electric Sequentials shortly after getting my car. Every once and a while I get the hyper blink (so far only left turns). Did anyone ever figure out what was causing this problem? What was the fix, if any ? Is this caused by installation of the sequentials or is it common on regular tail lights? So far, this and brake squeal are my only two problems with the car.

·
Premium Member
10,432 Posts
Reading through the threads I believe I've read some members here had to send them back for repair.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
It's a common issue with the Mopar/Webtronics kit.
It's since been discontinued.
Fortunately, mine hasn't started acting up (yet)...

·
Registered
507 Posts
My left turn signal clicks faster than normal every once in a while. I don't know what it looks like outside of the car though. I didn't know we can return them. Is there some sort of life time warranty?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Currently, the only fix being offered is to remove the kit. You may be able to get a refund, depending on who you got it from, and how long ago....

·
Registered
175 Posts
The belief is that the resistors in the black box for the mopar/web electric kit go bad, If you have any skills with soldering you MIGHT be able to replace them.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I've had the web electric ones for about four years now (first on my SE then switched them over to my RT). Mostly the left side does that once in a while when there is a long turn light. I think the right side has done it once. My fix is to turn the signal off when sitting at the light and turn it on again just before the light changes (when the opposite light turns yellow). Hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Soldering skills. I know how to solder speaker wires for sound systems. Any pics or details on what I need to solder?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I've had this same intermittent problem for years. I've called webelectrics and I get the send it back message, but it's too sporadic for such drastic measures.

Most times it happens for me as sort of a timing thing depending on where in the flash cycle that I depress the brake pedal. It's almost as if the change in voltage draw to the rear lamps with the added brake light load, at a certain point in the cycle, messes up the flash cycle time determined by the webelectric kit.

Frustrating and irritating, but I don't plan on removing the system.

·
Registered
174 Posts
On another thread someone said that they stopped selling the Mopar kit because when all brake lights are on the high current draw can cause electronic control module problems/failure. If this is true could a low current led bulb solve the problem? I have also had the hyperflash and for me it is a rare timing issue that clears itself after time.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
. If this is true could a low current led bulb solve the problem? .
Not necessarily. It could make it worse. I have the Web Electronics on my 2010 and have zero issues. The only time it hyper flashes is when I get a burnt out bulb.

Now on my 2010 Ram, I have switch back front LED turn signals. I had to tap a resistor in to the wire to add some resistance. The can-bus system see's next to no load, and assumes the bulb is burnt out and hyper flashed. You use a tap splice to the hot signal wire and ground it.

The Can-bus controls and monitor almost all of the electronics so you have to be careful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts