Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anybody experienced turning a 6.1 to a 7.1. My mechanic wants me to let him do that. Wanna know if it's worth it. He wants to bore it out, change cam and lifters, heads, intake, cold air intake, timing chain and rear end gear 373. Ect. Will I notice a difference.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have anybody experienced turning a 6.1 to a 7.1. My mechanic wants me to let him do that. Wanna know if it's worth it. He wants to bore it out, change cam and lifters, heads, intake, cold air intake, timing chain and rear end gear 373. Ect. Will I notice a difference.
Also pistons

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Your 7.1 should be at 426 or better if you stroke it. Sounds like a nice build. I’d guess you’ll end up close to 600hp at the crank.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
504 Posts
I would go to 426 Cu. In. just so I could put retro engine call outs on the hood!
agreed that would look and be correct 426 Hemi badges wow go for it

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
I did my 6.1 to 7.0 back almost 10 years ago in my 2009 SRT. I have driven this car as a daily, taken to a track for 1/4, 1/8. Pro Touring, and to this day the 426 (with a Maggie 2.3 and the whole inards done as well) has been reliable, fuel efficient and tons of fun. Go that route and you'll never look back!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts