Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching Randy Pobst testing the new ZL1, I watched the video of it at Nürburgring. The driver is insane, I guess the course is too. First he's taking turns at 130, then 140, then 150, then 169 in the end. I don't know about you, but I don't plan on turning when I go over 90. Watch the video, the Camaro is something else!!!

I was thinking that'd be the car to get down the road for me. BUT, the ride is harsh AF. The magnetic suspension sacrifices comfort and adjustability like our SRTs have. And they removed all of the rubber bushings so it's even harder. This other video has the car test with Randy >

·
Registered
716 Posts
I don't care what car is your favorite muscle car/sports car, you should have nothing but respect and love for watching this!! Insane.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Nice! 7 min. laps are golden on that track. Man, it's such a long track, must take forever to learn. Watched plenty of vids. showing clowns driving on it and wrecking personal cars.

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
Think I only saw one Hellcat time for the Ring and it was a 7:55. Don't know who did the run but think it can do better. The Alfa Gulia TTV6 with A8 ran a 7:32, with M6 a 7:39. The last Viper run netted a 7:01 and tire issues kept it from going faster, they were looking for a 6:55.

I like the 1LE, just no way to live with it on the street with the roads around here! :D

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,821 Posts
Perhaps the gear selection is why the manual. Although he doesn't shift that much, sure he wants that gear NOW when he wants it. A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,516 Posts
Perhaps the gear selection is why the manual. Although he doesn't shift that much, sure he wants that gear NOW when he wants it. A Guy
The formula one folk use paddle shifters on an 8 speed trans (circa 2015 regulations). I would like to see this done on the 10 speed trans of the camaro though.

·
Registered
491 Posts
After watching Randy Pobst testing the new ZL1, I watched the video of it at Nürburgring. The driver is insane, I guess the course is too. First he's taking turns at 130, then 140, then 150, then 169 in the end. I don't know about you, but I don't plan on turning when I go over 90. Watch the video, the Camaro is something else!!!

2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE Conquers Nürburgring | Chevrolet - YouTube

I was thinking that'd be the car to get down the road for me. BUT, the ride is harsh AF. The magnetic suspension sacrifices comfort and adjustability like our SRTs have. And they removed all of the rubber bushings so it's even harder. This other video has the car test with Randy >

2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE: Chevy Sharpens Its Lead Pipe - Ignition Ep. 179 - YouTube

https://blog.caranddriver.com/from-f1-to-baja-multimatics-clever-spool-valve-dampers-explained/

1le uses DSSV shocks actually.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts