Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 challenger sxt and i want to do a burnout. Ive done a cai and cat back and its a great car but i cant turn the abs/esp off fully. Do i need to just pull the fuse or? And whats a good way to help it do a burnout?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,525 Posts
Not familiar with pre-2015 but have you tried?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,525 Posts
BTW I just turn TC off if I want to do burnouts. If I want to do donuts then I hold the TC button for several seconds. I have a non STP vehicle but was able to program it via changing some settings in the BCM which allows me to finally turn off ESP. Not sure if it is possible to do with pre-2015 models but never really looked into it.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,580 Posts
Can you pop out the start button and insert the key fob to start a 2013? If so start the car that way, drive up to at least 15 mph and turn the key to start a few seconds. No the starter won't engage and no you won't damage anything. Your dash should light up all yellow warnings and ding several times When it does release the key fob. TC will be now be full off until you shut of the car and restart it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you pop out the start button and insert the key fob to start a 2013? If so start the car that way, drive up to at least 15 mph and turn the key to start a few seconds. No the starter won't engage and no you won't damage anything. Your dash should light up all yellow warnings and ding several times When it does release the key fob. TC will be now be full off until you shut of the car and restart it.
Ive heard of that but i didnt want to damage anything

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,580 Posts
Ive heard of that but i didnt want to damage anything
I used to do it on my 2010 R/T. Can't with my 2016 Scat Pack, but then no need with 485 hp lol.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,457 Posts
I have a 2013 challenger sxt and i want to do a burnout. Ive done a cai and cat back and its a great car but i cant turn the abs/esp off fully. Do i need to just pull the fuse or? And whats a good way to help it do a burnout?
Please please put in a dash cam. A lot of great car videos are shot after ESP/Stability Control/Traction Control is disabled.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,457 Posts
sniff sniff Smells like sarcasm.
Well, maybe. Really the OP should not disable any of the car nanny systems. Things go wrong in big hurry when these are switched off just to "hoon" around in a car.

Someone doing burnouts just to be doing burnouts to put it kindly is someone who has more money for tires than brains.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts