Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has seen/tried the Turtle Wax Random Orbital buffer?
I saw one last week at Wal Mart for under $25. It was mostly made of plastic, and didn't seem too terrible (cost in mind) but made in China (of course).

I didn't buy it as I would be afraid to ruin my paint. Of course I'd prefer a Porter Cable, but just looking for opinions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would put a vote towards the Porter Cable. I went down the cheap route getting the cheapo $10-25 deal and it just doesn't have the power.
The dual action keeps you from swirling. I run mine about 3500RPM and followed all the directions for application. Think I went thru Autogeek and got it and a assortment of pads. I think you'll find it cuts your time down and saves quite a bit of elbow grease.
Comes in super handy on door scuffs. You can work a scratch/scuff almost like it never happened in most cases. I've repaired several on the wife's rig and my mom's old 97' Nissan Altima, have the thing almost looking new.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have one of those Turtle Wax buffers, its pretty sturdy and not bad for a little buffing. But I replaced it with a Griots random orbital, no comparison. But yes its not a bad little buffer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts