Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a thought, for the concerns of a sudden lack of soap suds on the paint finish when washing, is that the Turtle Wax Zip Wax wash solution that I am using, may be stale.

It wasn't that many years ago I had purchased two bottles (1.18L each) of the solution. In fact, prior to purchasing the two bottles I had been using a large 4L jug of the solution which lasted an incredible amount of years however I had never experienced a lack of soap suds when that 4L bottle was finishing up.

'just a thought.

perhaps, years ago, Turtle Wax Zip wax lasted longer, and that they're not made to retain they're effectiveness as long, today.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,932 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I use that ^^^^ or the Meguiars Gold ,,,,

·
Registered
631 Posts
Another vote for the Meguiar's wash and wax.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'll also vouch for Meguiars' products. A good car wash soap should produce a lot of suds in order to lubricate the paint.
Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash | Canadian Tire

I see Meguiars is really good compared to Turtle Wax it seems

the gold, Beachlovers2 addresses, actually even talks about the suds being important but that's USD$32!

what's up with conditioner however? Is having a conditioner in it really good?

it still looks like the Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax will be a notch better than the Turtle Wax Zip Wax I am using

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,932 Posts
While I don't use it personally, the Meguiar's shampoos are always top rated. I use Carpro Reset myself, as it has no "enhancers" and my car is coated. Chemical Guys Citrus shampoos are also good. You want your shampoo to have great lubricity so the wash medium slides across the panels. A Guy

·
Super Moderator
13,857 Posts
[QUOTE What's up with conditioner however? Is having a conditioner in it really good?/QUOTE]

Conditioner is added to some premium car wash soaps to enhance the paint's shine. If you keep your Challenger in showroom condition, like me, it is not necessary. In my opinion, it is for car owners who wax their cars infrequently.

·
Registered
460 Posts
a thought, for the concerns of a sudden lack of soap suds on the paint finish when washing, is that the Turtle Wax Zip Wax wash solution that I am using, may be stale.

It wasn't that many years ago I had purchased two bottles (1.18L each) of the solution. In fact, prior to purchasing the two bottles I had been using a large 4L jug of the solution which lasted an incredible amount of years however I had never experienced a lack of soap suds when that 4L bottle was finishing up.

'just a thought.

perhaps, years ago, Turtle Wax Zip wax lasted longer, and that they're not made to retain they're effectiveness as long, today.
Lack of suds may be a result of a change in your water. Hard water produces much less suds than soft water. Just a thought...
BTW: I've used Blue Coral car wash and wax for sseveral years on all 3 of my cars with good results and it inexpensive at Wally World. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blue-Coral-Wash-Wax-Concentrate-100-washes-100-fl-oz/16889006

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,230 Posts
Here is a review of the 10 best car wash soaps.

The top three category winners were:

Best Overall- Meguiar's Gold Class
Best Cheapest- Armor All Ultra Shine
Best for Money- Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine

https://www.toprateten.com/best-car-wash-soap/
Not really fair lumping suds soaps with rinse-less washes. The cleaning methods are too different.

That said, I'm a huge proponent of ONR.

I'd also recommend Duragloss #931 - Rinseless wash with Aquawax, or Duragloss #901 Car Wash Concentrate. Both of these are "low suds" products. You don't need a bunch of suds if your paint is protected properly.

If its not, then yes, a heavy suds wash applied with a foam cannon then rinsed with a power washer would be the way to go, but care should be taken to select ph - balanced products. One I've had good success with is 3D Pink Car Soap.

·
Registered
72 Posts

'just a thought.

I tried the Turtle Wax once...didn't taste a thing like turtle...I use the Gold.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lack of suds may be a result of a change in your water. Hard water produces much less suds than soft water. Just a thought...
BTW: I've used Blue Coral car wash and wax for sseveral years on all 3 of my cars with good results and it inexpensive at Wally World. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blue-Coral-Wash-Wax-Concentrate-100-washes-100-fl-oz/16889006
I'm in Vancouver, BC and the water is very soft here

I'm gathering that it hasn't changed; up north it is harder, in the desert though. In that region, if I was my hair, it sticks up and hate that. In those places Culligan water softeners can be used a house's plumbing to rectify the hard water. Here in Vancouver I don't think there's ever been a hard water instance.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It is claybarred and waxed
Then use better wax and better soap or get your car ceramic coated.

My car is ceramic coated and I didn't wash it for 2 months of daily driving and when I did the water repelled off and beaded, came out great. Now all I do is rinse it with just water.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts