Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, Any Thoughts on this Polish for a 2012 (Blackberry) Challenger?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bro, I used that on my wife’s Black Hyundai Elantra. All I have to say is OMG! This stuff works amazing. It goes on like liquid wax , I let haze and I take it off with a microfiber towel. Then I grab a clean microfiber to buff it a little more. The shine a smoothness is amazing. And great hydrophobic properties. You won’t be disappointed. Note that it will dye and ruin your towels though. Lol. Here are some pics of my wife’s car after using it. Sorry, my challenger is indigo blue. Lol.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Automotive tail & brake light
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm all out. I know the results are very good in many cases but it's filled with Fillers from what I understand.

I suggest looking elsewhere. I have a black car and I do not use Turtle Wax anymore. Now if you go back to the ICE line and use the Seal N Shine, that is a very good product with little smear. Then as a topper , you can use ICE spray wax and your black car will look amazing.

The key though is the prep before you protect. Getting a good polish or compound and polish first is key. Then protect it. The Black wax is a cheater wax as ruining towels for a protectant is stupid to me. Even with how amazing your car can look afterwards.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,310 Posts
I gave up on Turtle Products long time ago and few months ago a few long time friends each had bad experiences so suggest Adams, or Meguires Products.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hello All, Any Thoughts on this Polish for a 2012 (Blackberry) Challenger?
Turtke wax has come a very long way since they first started. I know from experience that this stuff is amazing and you won’t be disappointed. Full of fillers? You’re not eating it. 😂what polish and waxes aren’t. Do a search review. Very good reviews. Don’t listen to the negative comments. Give it a shot. Even if you try a small section on the car first and see the results.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Turtke wax has come a very long way since they first started. I know from experience that this stuff is amazing and you won’t be disappointed. Full of fillers? You’re not eating it. 😂what polish and waxes aren’t. Do a search review. Very good reviews. Don’t listen to the negative comments. Give it a shot. Even if you try a small section on the car first and see the results.
Lots of polishes arent full of fillers. You dont want fillers in your polish if you plan on applying a coating after. I totally agree with you on turtle wax. Their hybrid solution and flex line are awesome

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
970 Posts
I gave up on Turtle Products long time ago and few months ago a few long time friends each had bad experiences so suggest Adams, or Meguires Products.
I had used Meguires Ultimate paste was since the Scat Pack was new, it worked very well. After reading very positive reviews on Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic coating I decided to give it a try. It's gloss, hydrophobic properties, and durability IMO are better than the Meguires product I had been using and it is much easier to use.

Reactions: Mondingo77

·
Registered
141 Posts
Lots of polishes arent full of fillers. You dont want fillers in your polish if you plan on applying a coating after. I totally agree with you on turtle wax. Their hybrid solution and flex line are awesome
Not necessarily true. An acrylic filler is fine to coat over as long as you allow it to fully cure prior to coating. It’ll last as long as whatever coating you put over it. It’s a great option especially if you have paint on the thinner side.

That said Turtle Wax is a solid brand. I’ve never used this in particular but have use their Hybrid Polish and Wax and it’s pretty awesome stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts