Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have plans to stick two 67s chinese gt35 + intercooler on my 2009 RT.

Plan is to run it 100% E85 (half than gas price over here in Europe), and have moderate power goals. (reach the nag1 torque limit with good clutch set would be nice) but keep the setup at decent mileage for road use.

My tuner told me the stock ODB wouldnt work for that application as pre 2012 units dont have the octane sensor functionality. This seems mandatory as the e85 pumps dont deliver a standart mix all year long.

My car already has flex fuel tuning that allows NA use of E85, but relies only on CO2/O2 sensors to adjust mixture, and that would be to dangerous with boost.

Could you guys tell me if it is possible to adapt a next generation unlocked ODB to the 2009 engine wiring ? (auto trans) If its been done

Thanks

Romain

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Hello,

I have plans to stick two 67s chinese gt35 + intercooler on my 2009 RT.

Plan is to run it 100% E85 (half than gas price over here in Europe), and have moderate power goals. (reach the nag1 torque limit with good clutch set would be nice) but keep the setup at decent mileage for road use.

My tuner told me the stock ODB wouldnt work for that application as pre 2012 units dont have the octane sensor functionality. This seems mandatory as the e85 pumps dont deliver a standart mix all year long.

My car already has flex fuel tuning that allows NA use of E85, but relies only on CO2/O2 sensors to adjust mixture, and that would be to dangerous with boost.

Could you guys tell me if it is possible to adapt a next generation unlocked ODB to the 2009 engine wiring ? (auto trans) If its been done

Thanks

Romain
100% E85? FWIW, I don't know about Europe but a label on an E85 pump here in CA states the fuel can be anywhere from 51% to 83% ethanol.

I suspect it would be hard to adapt a next generation OBD (engine controller) to the 2009 engine wiring harness.

You are probably better off finding a "tuner" who can supply you with a tune that uses an in fuel tank (or in fuel line) sensor to know the percentage of ethanol in the fuel and help adjust the fueling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts