Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i finally decided to post these videos of my first time on the drag strip, im sure you will understand why i was hesitant at first, but here you go...:brickwall:

this is the video from earlier in the day running 11:27 at 124.18

here the combination of higher boost and street tires lead to disaster, but i think the problem was getting to the 1/8 mile point where there was no traction compound sprayed, so its not driver's error :crazy:

the car was built by RDP motorsport and now it is back there for repairs

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sorry about your car, man. I've broken the engine at the track (not my Challenger) and had to be towed, but I've never crashed. That can't be fun.

...i think the problem was getting to the 1/8 mile point where there was no traction compound sprayed, so its not driver's error :crazy:
From the looks of it, no amount of traction compound would have helped you. You were spinning the whole way down. I'm not a guy who bad-mouths people on forums, but I've got to say it here: the track prep was not the cause of the crash. It was, as is said in racing, the "loose nut" behind the wheel. Sorry again about your car, and I think your setup is very impressive. Next time, lift. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Maybe the point has been reached where "dually rear tires" are the next step? :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
another case of more money than brains, what a shame

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I was at Thompson that day, that car is a beast you need slicks buddy

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Love the sound of the turbos working. Sucks on the crash part though.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I was there that day also and that motor and the way the car performed was great on low boost it's going to need more than slicks as he was running slicks and blowing them up at line...
As for the playing around well shizte happens most important that you weren't hurt but still didn't understand why the airbags never deployed... I can't wait to see what's in store now.... :)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
yeah.. if your still spinning after the 60 foot mark your showing off brother.. bad machine.. slicks for sure.. get that police push bar for the front..

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
I was there that day also and that motor and the way the car performed was great on low boost it's going to need more than slicks as he was running slicks and blowing them up at line...
As for the playing around well shizte happens most important that you weren't hurt but still didn't understand why the airbags never deployed... I can't wait to see what's in store now.... :)
Lucky the airbags didn't go...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Got to give you Kudo's for posting the video... I won't kick a man when he is down...

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
another case of more money than brains, what a shame
Agreed, the car never hooked up and was just peeling rubber off the tires, if your going to play hard you better be running the right equipment and know when your in trouble and get off.

Tout09

·
Registered
451 Posts
I think he needs more than slicks, maybe some drag shocks front and rear to get the nose to rise and the rear to squat down, his car shows no lift at all, is he running a lowered suspension? Without some weight transfer, you aren't gonna hook up.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Saw that video, it was posted a couple weeks ago. I guess it was fun? I would be sick if I did that to my car.

·
Registered
464 Posts
His car, his right to do what he wanted to do. Going into the wall was not high on his list I assume. Is there anyone of us that has never done something crazy in our cars over the years? Most of the time we get away with it, some times we have to pay the Piper. 3 years ago I took my 48 Dodge truck to the 1/8 mile track we have in Moorseville, NC knowing that the truck had no traction-one wheel peel and skinny tires. Goal to smoke that tire all the way down the track. Did it. Could the same thing have happened? Sure. OP, Don't feel too bad. Worse things could have happened. Glad you are well and the car is in recovery now.

Posting videos like this is a great way to remind us that we can get into trouble with our cars. I wouldn't look at this as anything other than a public service announcement.

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Iv had it happen when the spool broke, just after the 60ft. Instant left for me. I first thought your rear end broke, as it also looked from the tire marks.
Air bags, huh, what happened to them ? seemed to hit hard enough. ?:headscratch:

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I assume Khaled is smiling cuz he's walking ? Nasty end to a wicked John Force imitation. I hope if something like that happens to me I too will be able to laugh it off as quickly.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
I assume Khaled is smiling cuz he's walking ? Nasty end to a wicked John Force imitation. I hope if something like that happens to me I too will be able to laugh it off as quickly.
Two things he should be thankfull for, he did walk away not hurt and he didn't hit another car crossing the line. I wonder how you would settle someone else's cars damage if that would of occured?
Tout09

·
Banned
4,131 Posts
"let me put my street tires on and do a burn out all the way down the track" its genius' like that screw up the track for racers. Shut it down for an hour while we clean up the parts of your car off the track. Not to mention doing burn outs down the track tears it up. Burn outs are for the water box!!!!!!! It wasnt track prep that wrecked the car, it was stupidity

·
Registered
585 Posts
not to judge but it seems like there would have been two inputs to the brain as the throttle was held WO - too much smoke not hookedup and then the lateral shifting of the rearend at speed. Both would have caused a major alteration in the throttle area and steering. Didnt see those alterations. Probably had to be there in his shoes. Seen it and felt it on the street and strip but at higher speeds there's no time to react. lucky no harm to driver

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
His car, his right to do what he wanted to do. Going into the wall was not high on his list I assume. Is there anyone of us that has never done something crazy in our cars over the years? Most of the time we get away with it, some times we have to pay the Piper. 3 years ago I took my 48 Dodge truck to the 1/8 mile track we have in Moorseville, NC knowing that the truck had no traction-one wheel peel and skinny tires. Goal to smoke that tire all the way down the track. Did it. Could the same thing have happened? Sure. OP, Don't feel too bad. Worse things could have happened. Glad you are well and the car is in recovery now.

Posting videos like this is a great way to remind us that we can get into trouble with our cars. I wouldn't look at this as anything other than a public service announcement.
his car yea, his right no. are you as stupid as him?the track is not for play time it's for racing safely, why don't you line up next to him next time out.
This is why there are safety rules to begin with, to proteced us from drivers who think it's there right to drive how evr they want and what ever they want.
Lucky nobody got killed including the driver.
It's his right to obey the rules and keep all the people at the track safe from insanity like that.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts